Favorite non-metal band?

Bon Jovi, Heart, Journey, Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Clapton, Kansas, Boston, Pat Benatar, The Alan Parson's Project are among my fav non-metal bands.

ZoMb!M@N said:
How can you call yourself a metalhead and not like Judas Priest?!?!?!?! :erk:

:err: I don't hate em but I was never a fan... I bleed Maiden... so what? Am I not a real metalhead?

Pabla said:
:err: I don't hate em but I was never a fan... I bleed Maiden... so what? Am I not a real metalhead?

no. no you're not. :yuk:

j/k

to me, priest defines heavy metal ..... i wasn't serious when i made the statement, its all good, metal is metal, but im a big priest fan .... :loco:

bluesgrassy stuff from the likes of alison krauss and nickel creek. krauss's vocals are astounding.

Pabla said:

I'v never been a big priest fan either I like a few albums and a handful of songs from others but they never really did to much for me ... I Bleed Overkill! :headbang:

Hmmm... lets see... Tim McGraw, Dierks Bentley (I'm really diggin' "Lot of leavin' left to do"), Rod Stewart, Hank Williams, Elvis, Beatles, ummm yeah.. I guess thats about it..... oh yeah.... "do you want fries with that?"

Fangface said:
Damn, just like me :loco:
I would almost forgive you for not worshipping the mighty Priest :D ... Almost :D j/k

Haha, Fang you got me there, damn your memory is too good !!! so... it's like that, I don't worship Priest, I hate gay singers so .....
huhuhuhu, just joking. Not worshipping doesn't mean I don't like Priest, but as for worshipping some bands just mean more to me than Priest...Priest is (or was anyway) a killer band (YES, I got into the old records lately, got some vinyls) but some bands just have that little bit more to worship for MY taste. To mention just one, early Queensryche is stuff that I worship....

I don't like Manowar, King Diamond or Accept that makes a non-metalhead? I don't think so, so anyone is entitled to be a metalhead and dislike Judas Priest IMO.

My favorite non-metal band changes throughout time. Currently, it's Kent.

I like reading this thread!!!

Shockers...

STEELY DAN?!?! That one even hit me hard...

SWINE- whattaya think of the Dwight disk?!?!?

WYVERN - No love for JP?!?!

ROKK- Tim McGraw??? Dierks Bentley?!?!

SEE! I am not the only wierdo in here! hahahahaha

KMADD said:
Nope lets just say like KFC 11 "herbs" and "spices". :D

Ah, spinello :Smokin:

large_molecule_thc.jpg

:D
tedvanfrehley said:
I like reading this thread!!!

WYVERN - No love for JP?!?!

Not me dumpkohf :p , I was referring that not being a fan of JP doesn't automativally desqualify you as a metalhead.

Ok so the complete non-metal Wyvern:

The Rolling Stones
The Flower Kings
The Coffinshakers
Joan Baez
Bozzio/Levin/Stevens
Jimi Hendrix
CAB
Rondellus
Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice's "Jesuschrist Superstar"

and depending from your viewpoint (mine they aren't):
Dunwich
Pink Floyd
Yes
ELP
King Crimson
Gentle Giant
Camel
Focus
Rick Wakeman
Goblin
David Gilmour

I fucking can't stand The Flower Kings, bro. They as just so blah...
TVF, I don't have the new Dwight record, I have been listening to old stuff of his...
And the Best of Rhino put out a couple of years ago. Also the best of Steve Earle, the MCA tears before he got it in his fucking mind that he'd be Bruce Springsteen...
Also Tom Petty...
Just got the Thin Lizzy live Tribute Record that Sykes did & fuck if this guy doesn't pull off the material....