Favorite non-metal band?

The Cure, NIN, Rammstein, gODHEAD, Raemon, A Silver Mount zion, Radiohead, godspeed u black emporer, This Mortal Coil, Dif Juz, Dead Can dance, siouxie, delerium, enigma, the pumpkins, pink floyd, charlie parker, herbie hancock, better than ezra, tori amos, type O, sisters of mercy, the wolfgang press, clan of xymox 2 name a few :)

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin......Gdc I really love early Amorphis, everything up to Tuonela... I hope they go back to playing metal soon...

Very tricky a question.. :rolleyes:

Hmmhmm, non-metal.. now that I try to think of it, I can't come up with anything non-metal I listen to :lol:, not to mention choosing the best.

Prodigy is the first thing I thought of, so I'll say that.

Originally posted by forlorn soul
Songs: Ohia, Red House Painters (and Mark Kozelek), Nick Drake, the Cure, This Empty Flow, Chopin, Bach, etc.

Hey...This Empty Flow...nice to see at least someone else likes them. Did you know that their singer-guitarist-whatever nowadays goes under the name "Fu-Tourist", writing dance songs like "King Kong of the Dancefloor"... :loco: Better than average radio crap though.

"Just to be with you until all worlds end"...I just wish I had made up that sentence myself :)

This is a tricky one for me.. I listen to an awful lot of non-Metal, especially old Hardcore and Punk.

One band I haven't seen mentioned yet is Morphine. If you're not aware of the band then they're definitely worth checking out. They are (were) a 3 piece of drums, sax and bass and the sound is (to me at least) pretty unique, and very cool.

The sax player plays two at the same time so he can harmonize with himself, the bass is a 2 string fretless and the overall atmosphere is a kind of gloomy Jazz club feel. Very dark at times. Unfortunately the singer/bass player croaked on stage at a show in Italy last year and I'm not sure if they'll continue (it'll be nigh on impossible to replace the guy, I'm sure..).

I recommend the albums "Good" and "Like Swimming".

Other than that, there's always Discharge, Anti Cimex, Turbonegro, The Devil Dogs, The Dirtys, Poison Idea and all the rest. I've got over 3500 albums so we could be here all day :)

Lee B

Led Z , The Tea Party , Our Lady Peace , Ambeon , I Like a few song's by Rage Against the Machine But I can't stand the Vocals . Hmmmm The Gathering are in my top 10 favorite bands for sure , if you concider them metal than thats your problem . At times i've said that Opeth isn't metal , and there must be a better word for the type of music it is .

Hey warsofwinter,

How big is The Tea Party in Canada? I am considering a drive to LaRonde in Montreal in August to see them. They are incredible.

Hrmm.. I always thought the hardcore fans hated the hit songs. Aside from that song, what else would you recommend? It's been over a year since I've given these guys a chance.. Needless to say they didn't impress me at all with the few songs I did hear.