James Brown in 97
Radiohead on the Ok Computer tour 98
Primus in 97
Portishead in 98
Massive Attack in 98
Faith No More in 96
Secret Chiefs 3 in 98(?) and 2007
Peeping Tom last year

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I've forgotten some..

70's
Chicago - tour for II, very inspiring, still listen to the first two recordings, recently infact
Jesus Christ Superstar - tour for the album, another early inspiration
Lynard Skynard and The Outlaws - what a day
Billy Joel - prolly after Turnstiles or The Stranger, he played nearly every song up to that point
Black Oak Arkansas - very amusing and rockin
Uriah Heep - late 70's best sound from a heavy band I've ever heard, they did a short acoustic set too
Santana - late 70's, that was great
Zappa was pretty cool
THe Dead was alright but they are not my thing, we had fun

in the 80's
Robert Cray - best sound I have heard, that guy has a crystal clear voice
Stevie Ray Vaughan - nothing more to say
Jimmy Page - awsome

90's
Heart - excellent
Dream Theater - I know... metal but they are more

thats about it, only started to go to concerts again and they have all been metal

90s:
Bruce Springsteen- acoustic show, Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Billy Joel- HSBC Arena, Buffalo
Jethro Tull- Darien Lake, Buffalo
John Mellencamp- Darien Lake, Buffalo

I went to a ton of shows in the 90s, but don't remember them very well (not because I was wasted, but because I was young). These are the ones I do remember that were excellent.

00s (really difficult to narrow down; all these shows were incredible):
Rolling Stones- Air Canada Centre
Tool- Syracuse
Bob Dylan- once at the Erie County Fair, once at Shea's Performing Arts center, Buffalo
Bruce Springsteen- HSBC Arena (The Rising Tour), Buffalo
Bonnaroo- '06
Gov't Mule- UB Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Bob Seger- Cleveland
John Mayall- somewhere in Buffalo :cool:
The Tea Party- Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Ryan Montbleau- Nietzsche's, Buffalo

Darien Lake shows: The Dead, Tom Petty (3 times), Allman Brothers, Dave Matthews Band (all of which are very hazy, this time because I was wasted :cool:)

Thursday in the Square shows: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Jeff Martin, Yonder Mountain String Band, Shooter Jennings

Those are all I can think of right now. I'll list more as I remember. I really have a blast at most shows I go to.

I left two, yes two gigs that were Blue Oyster Cult W/Rush due to the fact that they were the equivilent of metal back in the day and were so freakin loud that they really stunk.

Forgot Jeff Beck in '76 or '77 as well. Sounded great but thats all I can speak for, I was really wasted and couldnt do anything but look down and maintain, fourth row seats too. Drugs are bad, that was about it for me with that crap. Pissed me off bad.

Yes-1991 Union tour, in the round....with the current members, and early 70's members.
Rush '96 Test for Echo. I thought I'd never be fortunate enough to ever hear 2112 in it's entirety. They always do parts 1 and 2, then move on. But at the Tampa show, if they'd have recorded that night, you'd have heard me yell so fucking loud, about 4 seconds before anyone else, when the the sound of water came through their speakers, and Alex plucked a few acoustic strings. I don't think the fans stopped murmuring excitedly, throughout the whole 2112 song.
Fishbone '96-In support of the Chim Chim album. They played in a small, but packed club, for 3 hours! Great musicians! The drummer, no joke, was facing the other way, faced the window, as people outside on the sidewalk passed by. Didn't miss a beat!
Zebra-'90-'93 or any of the other 5-6 times.The band tend to come here (Port Richey/Tampa area) often, and play a few clubs. Very nice guys as well. Randy Jackson is one of my favorite guitarists. He's underrated, if you ask me, and he plays hard for the fans, no matter the turnout.
Yes '95-Talk Tour. To me, the best they sounded musically, out of the 10-12 times I've seen them.

Jeff Beck would have been amazing. I'm jealous (even if you can't remember it :cool:).

It was Jeff and Jan, the Wired tour, may have even been the tour Tommy Bolin was supposed to open for but that didnt go well. What happened was, well I was alllll FUp and when they started playing the crowd naturally stood up and I couldnt for very long, then behind me was a crowd chant going "siiit dooown... siiit doooown " It was downhill from there.

I have to ask my friends but I have been thinking for awhile now that we did see Tommy Bolin less then year before which would have been a concert they now have a CD from. But if thats the case its the only concert I dont remember, so far that is. 76/77 were a blur.

so who was in the band ? I suppose I can look it up. I had no idea Chick had put that back together. I think previously there was at least two incarnations.

well, thats the price I pay for not being on top of things.

I did know Stanley, Al and Jean Luc toured Rite of Strings last fall or winter. They played locally in fact. It was the same night as friends of mine had a reunion gig for their 80's pop metal band. So it was a matter of priorities.

So they were all electric ey ? Al and Stanley getting back to their rootes, damn! Romantic Warrior is often my favorite old school fusion album, on any given day, Im fickle, its usually who Im listening to at the time. But that is an awesome record. I think I play it now... and cry

lol

actually I see I havent missed my chance yet, unless they are sold out, playing in NYC Aug 7th & 8th. Time to get on tele and see who I can round up. NYC intimidates me when it comes to knowing my way around and parking.

Thanks for the clue

My Morning Jacket would be awesome, I'm jealous. They were at Bonnaroo, but I didn't catch them. That weekend was just a clusterfuck of drunkenness and ill-begotten choices.

The new album is great though (of My Morning Jacket, I mean).

My Morning Jacket would be awesome, I'm jealous. They were at Bonnaroo, but I didn't catch them. That weekend was just a clusterfuck of drunkenness and ill-begotten choices.

The new album is great though (of My Morning Jacket, I mean).
Damn you were there and missed them? How much shrooms did you take?:p

Anyway, you might be the only person I know that likes MMJ. The new album is pretty impressive i must say, i like "It Still Moves" the best.

To be honest I really need to get into them more than I am. I know them mostly from my roommate (I actually didn't really know them at all when I was at Bonnaroo). But since he's played me their stuff I really dig it. Great, catchy rock. The song Librarian on the new album is just amazing; such a creepy song. I'd love to see them live.

Buy the album i mentioned above "It Still Moves" next if you want to get into them more. This song Mahgeetah by them is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: