Favorite Non-Metal gigs

90s:
Bruce Springsteen- acoustic show, Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Billy Joel- HSBC Arena, Buffalo
Jethro Tull- Darien Lake, Buffalo
John Mellencamp- Darien Lake, Buffalo

I went to a ton of shows in the 90s, but don't remember them very well (not because I was wasted, but because I was young). These are the ones I do remember that were excellent.

00s (really difficult to narrow down; all these shows were incredible):
Rolling Stones- Air Canada Centre
Tool- Syracuse
Bob Dylan- once at the Erie County Fair, once at Shea's Performing Arts center, Buffalo
Bruce Springsteen- HSBC Arena (The Rising Tour), Buffalo
Bonnaroo- '06
Gov't Mule- UB Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Bob Seger- Cleveland
John Mayall- somewhere in Buffalo :cool:
The Tea Party- Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo
Ryan Montbleau- Nietzsche's, Buffalo

Darien Lake shows: The Dead, Tom Petty (3 times), Allman Brothers, Dave Matthews Band (all of which are very hazy, this time because I was wasted :cool:)

Thursday in the Square shows: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Jeff Martin, Yonder Mountain String Band, Shooter Jennings

Those are all I can think of right now. I'll list more as I remember. I really have a blast at most shows I go to.

dude springsteen... :cry: why couldn't i go?!

The Tea Party- Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo

Yeah The Tea Party were an excellent live band. I saw them in the late nineties as well. Jeff Martin is a fantastic frontman. He put so much into his singing that he looked like he was about to start levitating at a couple of points in the show.

:lol:

I am jealous that he seen Uriah Heep live though.

Some great non metal gigs ive seen:
Robin Trower
My Morning Jacket
Porcupine Tree
Opeth(Damnation tour)
Allman Brothers w/Govt'Mule
Stone Temple Pilots
Kenny Wayne Shepard

But you've seen Trower, PT and Shepherd

It was a long time ago but excellent, the Palace here in Albany can have some pretty crap sound with the loud bands but Heep was quality all the way and Hensley made that Hammond roar, he played guitar as well. That was post Byron which is probably for the best from what I've seen of early video clips, he sucked live. Not sure who the vocalist was, probably Lawton. They played most everything we wanted to hear from the older stuff

dude springsteen... :cry: why couldn't i go?!

He was incredible. I really wish I could see him acoustic again, it was so awesome.

Are you from Buffalo? I was just wondering, how you said "Why couldn't I go?" Makes it sound like you're around Buffalo.

Yeah The Tea Party were an excellent live band. I saw them in the late nineties as well. Jeff Martin is a fantastic frontman. He put so much into his singing that he looked like he was about to start levitating at a couple of points in the show.

Haha, totally man. I've actually seen them twice, but the second time was an outdoor performance which was very crowded and nearly impossible to appreciate at all (it was free though, so I suppose that's why). Anyway, the theater setting was so much better for them, and fit their style so well. And you're right, Martin is a great frontman. I actually saw him at Thursday in the Square (Buffalo concert series) after he released his solo record. Not as good as The Tea Party, but still fucking awesome songwriting.

No problem. The whole album is stellar. It's one of those albums thats hard to categorize...they sound like they are right out of the 70s but have modern influences.

He was incredible. I really wish I could see him acoustic again, it was so awesome.

Are you from Buffalo? I was just wondering, how you said "Why couldn't I go?" Makes it sound like you're around Buffalo.

Haha, totally man. I've actually seen them twice, but the second time was an outdoor performance which was very crowded and nearly impossible to appreciate at all (it was free though, so I suppose that's why). Anyway, the theater setting was so much better for them, and fit their style so well. And you're right, Martin is a great frontman. I actually saw him at Thursday in the Square (Buffalo concert series) after he released his solo record. Not as good as The Tea Party, but still fucking awesome songwriting.

So you must at least know a bit about Gamalon no ? They were awarded some kind of honor by the city, possibly a city hall of fame or something. Im being too lazy to look it up but they got something. I believe Spira Gyra did as well.

Nine Inch Nails with A Perfect Circle
The Chieftans
The Irish Rovers
The Ramones
De La Soul with A Tribe Called Quest
Cypress Hill with Rage Against The Machine
Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Twice)
Voodoo Glow Skulls(Twice)
Kmfdm
Bile (3 times)
Foo Fighters
Rancid (3 times)
The Misfits (3 times)
3 Lollapaloozas I know i will quit yada, yada, yada.

no i'm in cali... the reason i can't go to his shows is because they are always like 400 dollars. :ill:

Porcupine Tree
Radiohead
My Bloody Valentine
Ludovico Einaudi
Philip Glass
Man (in a tiny football club hah)
Max Richter
Michael Nyman

Nine Inch Nails with A Perfect Circle
The Chieftans
The Irish Rovers
The Ramones
De La Soul with A Tribe Called Quest
Cypress Hill with Rage Against The Machine
Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Twice)
Voodoo Glow Skulls(Twice)
Kmfdm
Bile (3 times)
Foo Fighters
Rancid (3 times)
The Misfits (3 times)
3 Lollapaloozas I know i will quit yada, yada, yada.

what year you see KMFDM?

Forgot Jamiroquai in 95 on the Return of the Space Cowboy tour. They were insane, 8 piece band full of awesome musicians, every song was a crazy extended improv funk jam and the whole place was jumping.

Also Rage Against The Machine this year was pretty great.

I haven't voluntarily gone to any non-metal concerts yet. I suspect I won't for a long time either, since most of the rock groups I like are old classics, and thus would cost ludicrous sums of cash to see.

I'm hoping Steely Dan makes it out to my area some day, before they're too old to play. They're one group I would consider dumping a ton of bucks on.