Favorite Opeth riff?

EatMyMetal

Bad Dude
Feb 24, 2004
NJ
i'm aware this question must have been asked countless times before, but what are your top 3 favorite Opeth riffs?

personally, mine are

1. Masters Apprentices into
2. Deliverance outro
3. the riff near the end of Blackwater Park, right after he says "this doesnt concern me." ehh if i had a cd on me with the track times this would be easier. oh well. anyone else?

Let's see, about time for another one of these threads.....

(all of) Still Life
Black Rose immortal after the first acoustic part.
Amen Corner first main riff
All of WIndowpane and CLosure

Opening riff of Advent
Patterns In The Ivy II (I personally prefer it over the first. The guitar, that is, the vocals are okay)
The heavy riff in TBYF

Now about the end riff in Deliverance... from a technical standpoint, I hate that riff. Open E power chords.. OH WOW!! But when I step out of my "uptight asshole" shoes and just shut up and listen to it, its actually really cool.

The acoustic riff in "Night and the Silent Water" after he sings " Those who would give anything to see you again, if only for another second" I could die right now listening to that part of the song, and die happy.

Akronaes said:
Now about the end riff in Deliverance... from a technical standpoint, I hate that riff. Open E power chords.. OH WOW!! But when I step out of my "uptight asshole" shoes and just shut up and listen to it, its actually really cool.
So simple. So incredible.

The riff in Black Rose Immortal at 7:33-8:05. It just makes me go apeshit. The solo after it fits perfectly too.

Another contestant for now would be the riff in The Funeral Portrait at 1:16.

hard to say....

serenity painted death...the really disonant (spl?) riff..."white faced, haggard grin, this serenity painted death....."

the outro to april ethereal

heavy part in face of melinda..

part in master's apprentices...ya know...don't know what time....all the music stops and there is one guitar...then both come in...then the music....around 3 minutes i think....that part is very evil...i enjoy it

there are several more

Black rose inmortal, before "sunbirds leave their dark receses...." etc, approximately from minutes 8:50 to 12.
Oh well, I feel I betray the song cos I love all the riffs of it (and of all the songs) but that part makes me shiver every single time I listen to it wherever I am.
The drapery falls, that kinda russian riff as Mikael called it, after "Pouring a caress on your shouldeeeeeeeerrrrrrr".
Windowpane and to rid the disease. All of it. Ending credits. ermm shit, they´re too many!
The intro of Funeral portrait.
Demon of the fall, allllllllll.........forest of october, into and outro..the apostle in triumph, intro and outro as well.

On another note, i know this doesn´t belong strictly into this thread but the drumming of deliverance and damnation is AMAZING, I could swear Martin Lopez plays those songs better everytime i listen to those cds!!!!!!!

a bunch of my favourites have been mentioned here already
- Forest of October 00:01
- Black Rose Immortal from around 8:50-20:14
- The Night and the Silent Water... lots of parts, but 2:50 clean riff especially
- The Moor 2:30, also 3:19-when the vox come in, etc.
- Godhead's Lament 00:01 :) and when the high lead notes come in at 00:14!
- Serenity Painted Death 1:27, plus all the solos in this song own!
- Blackwater Park 00:01 onwards...
- Deliverance 9:57-13:35
- Master's Apprentices 00:01 onwards..