Favorite passage/section of a CoB song?

Apr 22, 2003
Visit site
Alexi really has a knack for writing catchy, melodic guitar and keyboard lines and the song are very well arranged. What are your favorite parts from Children of Bodom songs?

Here's mine:
Outro of 'Lil Blood Red Ridin' Hood
First 27 seconds of Children of Decadence
2:47-3:01 of Angels Don't Kill, which is probably my favorite

intro to CoB....its just one of those riffs that pumps me up
the outro solo to towards dead end (great song anyways)
lake bodom
downfall
cant think of anymore at the moment, though i know theres much more, but those just stuck out in my mind

Outro solo of Towards Dead End
Intro of Everytime I Die
Downfall (the solo played after the bridge)

All of Alexi's riffs are well written but those ones are my faves.

the riff at about 2:35 in touch like an angel of death (the tokyo warhearts version)
the intro to lake bodom (the live versions better)
the keyboard part played at about 2:30 and on in silent night bodom night

those are my fav's

yup, Tokyo Warheads Thouch Like an angel of death has some good riffs and passages (especially that composition at the beggining to the song, the theme from "The Rock" movie)

Hatebreeder first guitar part at solo :kickass:

Mmh, I've just done something awfull to answer this thread : Stopping "Tiny Tears" from Devin Townsend full in the middle... This song's simply beautiful.
Well, so :
-The big riff from sixpounder, particularly when it's palm muted, and when there's a big harmonic between it >:) (It didn't catch my attention at first, but Sixpounde ris now one of my favourite from HCDR, if not my fav.)

-The simply parts like in Chokehold at 0'58" when I can headbang alone in front of my computer

-Bodom beach terror at 2'12", the fast riff and the amazing solo (I really like this one)

-Mmmmmmmmmh the sweeping from YBOD, I simply love it.

-The drum solo from Lill' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, and the solo at 1'40"

-KTS, about the whole song

-Northern Comfort : the pre-chorus and chorus, it sounds a bit mysterious, or hopeful, or what I'm saying doen't really mean anything, but I like it, particularly at the end, maybe cuz' I know KTS is just after, anyway it's great^^

-Every time I die : the beginning, and it's even better and heavier in the live in seoul, Alexi really makes his axe scream low noise then that high harmonic :')

-Bodom after midnight, when Alexi's solos starts one quarter faster than Janne's solo (well I know Janne can reach the speed, but the way it's done puts the guitar solo in the spotlight)

-COB, the beginning (but I would say the end is not as good, after the arpegios. Don't know, it's not the same "tone" ("atmospherely speaking") (can we really turn any noun into an adjective in english ? :þ)

-Wrath within, since 1'15", the fast guitar sound makes me thik of some video game music, and I like the riff folowwing it

-Black widow. Ha, a really good song which we don't often talk about. Do they ever played it live ? It's not perfect, but there are lots of good parts : The intro riff (the great thing is that I can play it :'), then the next riff with the triple 0 and 2 power chords, then the melodic part at 2'32", and the solo at the end...

-Bed Of Razors, melodic riff, and other parts

-Hatebreeder : That insane sweeping at 1'23" ! Ô_Ô and the solo at the end, I really like it cuz' it alterns guitar and keys.

And lot of other parts (Downfall, Towards dead end...) but that's enough for now^^

The part just after Alexi's solo on Wrath Within where Alexi does a joint riff/solo with Janne, amazing work on that track. I also love the classical part on Children Of Bodom, really showed me what Alexi was capable of when I first heard that.

from 330 till the end of the nail. also, does anyone think the keyboard interlude in cob sounds like something from final fantasy?