Favorite Producer At The Moment

Joey Sturgis, Adam D, Brian Hood, and Cameron Mizell. I'm getting into Kris Crummett!

And people hate on Cameron Mizell, but personally I really like the newer stuff he produces. That snare is so popping! And all the glitch like effects give the songs a cool transition as they progress! They are at least better than over used reverse snares and sub drops!

I have worked with Kris Crummett and he is a friend of mine. He definitely knows what hes doing and hes very much about real analog recordings. He built his own pre's which you can hear on the new DGD record Mainly on the drums, and i think they came up awesome, especially for the snare. I also worked with Paul Leavitt last month and he is also a brilliant producer/engineer - I was most impressed with his raw drum sound. Kick sounded ridiculous! Other than those guys, I follow Joey Sturgis and Cameron Mizell's work. I think what is important in this is too be able to hear what you feel is conveyed best by each producer and be able to apply that in your own work, so that in some ways you know 'what you stand for' so too speak! :)

I really like Steve Evetts' productions like the first Our Last Night and the new Architects record! =)

I am so confused with this thread. Half of you are talking about producers while the other half talks about mixers and some posts talk about both freely like they are one. Now while some producers do mix their own material, we are talking about producer and their ability "to produce", right?

Or mixes that sound good and the name associated with them?

seth, at this point we must agree that a producer is mainly an engineer responsible for a specific "sound" for the band... where as the mixing engineer executes a sevice based on the wishes/commands of a band member, manager, producer or label.

damn... i forgot to mention matt goldman & ross robinson.

probably the two most unique producers out there... and mildly responsible for my two favorite bands.

glassjaw / the chariot

seth, at this point we must agree that a producer is mainly an engineer responsible for a specific "sound" for the band... where as the mixing engineer executes a sevice based on the wishes/commands of a band member, manager, producer or label.

Point exactly. A producer is responsible for the project as a whole and the overall picture of the project. He has his hands and say on every part of the project from writing to arranging to tracking to mixing to mastering.

But I still see people's names like CLA and others come up where as all of their most recognized work is soley mixing. I actually can't think of a single project within the past 5 years that CLA has produced and is known for producing. Like when Rob Cavolo flew in with Paramore or Green Day on a mixing session, he was still the producer and CLA was the mixer but like I said they are being used freely as one. I'm simply just trying to clarify

Point exactly. A producer is responsible for the project as a whole and the overall picture of the project. He has his hands and say on every part of the project from writing to arranging to tracking to mixing to mastering.

But I still see people's names like CLA and others come up where as all of their most recognized work is soley mixing. I actually can't think of a single project within the past 5 years that CLA has produced and is known for producing. Like when Rob Cavolo flew in with Paramore or Green Day on a mixing session, he was still the producer and CLA was the mixer but like I said they are being used freely as one. I'm simply just trying to clarify

Seth, I get what you are saying, but now a days it does all get lumped into one to most people. While I agree with you, most don't recognize the difference and consider them both the same. I say just put who you like for both categories and say fuck the world hahaha.

Seth, I get what you are saying, but now a days it does all get lumped into one to most people. While I agree with you, most don't recognize the difference and consider them both the same. I say just put who you like for both categories and say fuck the world hahaha.

Haha yes agreed! Fuck teh worldz :fu:

Definitely Joey, Matt Goldman, Brian Hood, and Zeuss.

Zeuss has really stepped his game up since Whitechapel's "This is Exile". Has anyone listened to the newest Acacia Strain, Texas in July, Chelsea Grin, or Legend? METAL

Definitely Joey, Matt Goldman, Brian Hood, and Zeuss.

Zeuss has really stepped his game up since Whitechapel's "This is Exile". Has anyone listened to the newest Acacia Strain, Texas in July, Chelsea Grin, or Legend? METAL
Didn't Josh from Random Awesome do Legend? lol