Favorite Saxon song

Nice points, Notje. I don't agree with them all (I think at least 50% of Forever Free is classic!), but I can see where you are coming from.
I've also never really been a biker dude and have always thought that if I was really into history, I would go out and read some books on the subject (which I haven't!), but you can relate to songs in so many ways. For example, some may think that 'Forever free' is a biker song - I see it at as a celebration of free spirit and enjoying the moment and unworried of the future. Man, I love that song! 'Crusader' is pretty obvious within its subject, but you can read in between the lines: Good Vs Evil and how we must sometimes face repercussions to achieve victory.
Oops, I've just realised - I'm starting to sound a little like an Arty tosser, so I will stop now! Sorry!
Onto 'LionHeart' -
I received an email today saying that the CD is on its way, so hopefully tomorrow or weds! I cannot wait!
I'm lucky enough not to have kids and what not making noise when I enjoy my music. It's one of the best things about living on your own - you can blast out and noone moans!
The Wolverhampton gig is just around the corner now! I'm so glad that I have sussed it that I will know the new tracks which Biff and the boys are gonna play live!

I really should mention 'Stand Up And Be Counted'.
This was the song that got me into Saxon.

Many years ago, for some reason, I was given a pile of vinyl stuff from a friend's older brother - it had a load of stuff in it: Led Zep, AC/DC, Purple, Sabbath etc.
The one and only Saxon item was the 7" Single of 'Wheels Of Steel'.

The A-Side was fun, but it was the B-side that I really got into. I didn't really get into Saxon for a few years later but, if it wasn't for this song, I'd have never tried Saxon stuff at all!

Yep - Switchy. Ann-Marie is a pretty cool song. It was made when the band were still trying to find thrie 'sound', you know? Notice that they took the middle section from that track and stuck it into 'Midnight Rider'?
Kelly - 'Street Fighting Man' is pure class, like most of 'Wheels Of Steel'. It has got that early Saxon feel - Punky Metal! Biff is a real laugh on that one and full of attitude. 'I'm a member of the street' indeed!
Macc - Militia Guard is such an underated track! Like 'Frozen Rainbow' it was very prog-rock and followed the sound that early Queen, Genesis and Yes were known for. But it had more balls!
That song is long overdue a live showing - I would go mad! It also follows the same themes of recent Saxon stuff, so you never know!

heres my list:

rough and ready
play it loud
still fit to boogie
machine gun
power and the glory
warrior
redline
nightmare
a little bit of what you fancy
bad boys
broken heroes
gonna shout
give it everything you got
raise some hell
altar of the gods
nighthunter

nightwar said:
Cool selection, Lex - some pretty obscure stuff in there!

I firmly agree with Warrior, Redline and, in particular, NightHunter!

redline: one of the greatest saxon songs ever...but then again, arn't they all the greatest songs ever?