Votes: 38 20.8%
  • Nectar

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 51 27.9%
  • To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 48 26.2%

• Total voters
While To Bid You Farewell remains one of my favourite songs of all time.. Black Rose Immortal has been my "skip-to" track lately. There's such a range of emotions, transcendence musically. Damn fantastic.

Damn, would have never expected Nectar to be the last...well, on an album with only five songs, two being aweinspiring ultra-expansive epics and the other two being among the most heartrending songs in all of metal, a song merely being an exemplary Opethian composition will get lost in the shadows...Nectar also has sentimental value for me as it was the first Opeth song I ever heard.

Without a doubt it's got to be "To Bid You Farewell". It's probably my favorite Opeth song of all time, well I dunno maybe it's a tie with "In Mist She Was Standing". I love all the songs on Morningrise but when people ask me which Opeth cd is my favorite I say Morningrise over Orchid because of "To Bid You Farewell".

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

Funny how my least favourite (Notice I can't bring myself to say 'worst', cos it just wouldn't be true) Opeth album has what is probably my favourite song of all time by any band EVER. It's TO BID YOU FAREWELL by the way. After that on Morningrise would have to be The Night and the Silent Water, Especially the latter half where it goes from acoustic to acoustic/electric, then the electric takes over.....sweet! The I suppose I'd have to go with what used to be my least favourite Opeth song, 'Black Rose Immortal'. I positively hated it 'cos I sounded like 4 or 5 distinct songs with little no between, until I finally listened to it without 'listening to it' and got the overall picture. Sorry for the rant, but as this was my first taste of Opeth around 5 years ago, and I have many vivid memories of this album in particular........ :D

ADVENT.

Oh god, it's all about Advent.

Yeah, it's kind of unfair for "Nectar". I mean, the other 4 songs are all so incredible, it doesn't really stand a chance. Too bad, the songs rules.

Black rose immortal without a doubt that has to be the most amazing song i have ever heard in my life over 20 mins long and never gets boring :D

Damn, would have never expected Nectar to be the last...well, on an album with only five songs, two being aweinspiring ultra-expansive epics and the other two being among the most heartrending songs in all of metal, a song merely being an exemplary Opethian composition will get lost in the shadows...Nectar also has sentimental value for me as it was the first Opeth song I ever heard.

yeah im with you,nectar has somehow gotten neglected in favour of the other song,at first i thought it was the weakest song on morningrise but it is a song that really grows on you.And nectar is the song with the absolutely best bassplaying on whole morningrise if you ask me

6 years... whew.

Question for those who are still around since the inception of this thread. Those of you who said "my favorite Opeth song ever"... Do you still feel this way in light of all of the other releases since then? i.e. are these songs still as near and dear to your heart as they were 6 years ago?

I'm a sucker for the rad bass playing in To Bid You Farewell. Good stuff.

BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL!!!!, To Bid you Farewell and The Night And The Silent Water come very close but Black Rose Immortal is just a masterpiece. 20 minute song and I wish it was even longer, not a second too long. The riffs are amazing, The solos are fast and incredible, that first breakdown at 9 mins, We Spoke only threw thoughts, Together we gazed, awaited!! Beautiful. And it just gets better as it goes on to, Sun birds, leave their dark recesses, Shadows glid the archways, That part=Life, most beautiful thing ive ever heard in music. And for that last scream, HOLY FUCK! hahah. One of Opeths greatest songs of all time!

Nectar or TNATSW......Nectar it is.

imho, Advent is one of the most overrated songs on morningrise....