Favorite SW 'three song streak'...?

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Taken from SW's Facebookpage (and a nice question for the Forum as well):

"What is your favorite 'three song run' on a SW album?"
Also, feel very free to elaborate on your choice!

(Fall in Line), Break the Silence, Hide and Seek, (Destiny Calls).

I can't really decide between Fall in Line and Destiny Calls, anyway this "three"-song streak is outstanding in my opinion!

Hide and Seek is one of my favorite songs, the pre-chorus and the instrumental parts with alot of key changes are amazing and the dynamics in the stick is so intense.
The lyrics, melody and music really suit eachother too.

(Fall in Line), Break the Silence, Hide and Seek, (Destiny Calls).

Yes....yes, indeed!

With a gun to my head I'd probably choose the last three though...
'Break the Silence' and 'Hide and Seek' are in my top 5 SW-songs, and 'Destiny Calls' is proggy (the 'sick' opening!), metal, melody and epicness all combined in one song!

Regarding 'Destiny Calls', here's a funny comment from Andreas while re-learning the bassparts for 'Destiny Calls' (for the PPUSA '14 show!):
"Sitting here re-learning 'Destiny Calls'. Geeez.... What was I thinking writing that?
It is insane. Made it through the intro to the first verse in like an hour, and barely making it.... Guess I gotta pull some serious practise hours before I can deliver on this album again."
:lol:

With a gun to my head I'd probably choose the last three though...
'Break the Silence' and 'Hide and Seek' are in my top 5 SW-songs, and 'Destiny Calls' is proggy (the 'sick' opening!), metal, melody and epicness all combined in one song!

Regarding 'Destiny Calls', here's a funny comment from Andreas while re-learning the bassparts for 'Destiny Calls' (for the PPUSA '14 show!):
"Sitting here re-learning 'Destiny Calls'. Geeez.... What was I thinking writing that?
It is insane. Made it through the intro to the first verse in like an hour, and barely making it.... Guess I gotta pull some serious practise hours before I can deliver on this album again."
:lol:

Yeah I can totally understand him, from the intro til after the first refrain is crazy, the bass keeps going hardcore without any longer breaks, it definitely has some spotlight in this song!
I love the airy verse with the pads and bass working together.
Also some great dynamics again in the stick part with the strings bringing some major dramatic into the song.

I see why this song would be your final choice, your arguments are spot on!!

Thought about this when I saw it on Facebook and I also went with Fall In Line / Break The Silence / Hide And Seek, and it was basically a toss up between Fall In Line and Destiny Calls, with Fall In Line just ahead. Break The Silence and Hide And Seek are probably my 2nd and 3rd favourite Seventh Wonder songs, and the two together are amazing.

The Great Escape is amazing but Long Way Home is probably my least favourite from the album. Although thinking about it, if I was able to pick Move On Through, The Great Escape, In The Blink Of An Eye (the re-recorded bonus track), that would possibly be my favourite. But that's more just a case of The Great Escape being so good on it's own. (Fall In Line) / Break The Silence / Hide And Seek / (Destiny Calls) is the best actual run of songs.

(Fall In Line) / Break The Silence / Hide And Seek / (Destiny Calls)

Just the fact that so many of us, here and on facebook, chose this specific streak makes you think how good theese songs are.

That was like one of the hardest questions ever on facebook! I could come up with a ton of 'threesomes' that could be my favorites.

I ended up with Long Way Home / Move On Through / The Great Escape but it was a VERY close raise between a lot of choices.