Favorite SyX song(s) to hear live?

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
I don't think I'm the only one to notice this, but certain songs sort of "come to life" more live than in the studio. Well if you've seen SyX live, what are some songs that you think sound better live than in the studio? For me its Church of the Machine and Smoke and Mirrors. For some reason every time Ive seen them and they play those they're always the highlight of the set for me, especially CotM.

.Evolution (The Grand Design). That song was so great to hear. As well as Wicked.
I'm sure there were others, but I saw them a while ago, and it was before I was really into them.

I don't own Live on the Edge of Forever but I've seen SX playing once(supporting Stratovarius at Tampere 21.3.2003). Inferno and especially Wicked(she saaaaaaaaaaid!-) sounded great. SX is a good live band for sure. Beated headlining Stratovarius on that night(IMHO).

I haven't heard inferno live, but I have heard King of Terrors and Wicked and I think they sound better on the studio album. I hadn't even heard all of wicked yet when I heard it live cause I never even liked that song. Its my least favorite on Odyssey. I feel the same way with Smoke, and Evolution. They sound alot better on the studio album. I think church and divine wings are the songs that I feel are better live. But I still love the studio versions too.

EGYPT!!!!!!!:hotjump: Jason rules on that song!!(and of course "Death of balance".:cool:)

Really I love them all live, Everyone I have heard live I have liked better then the original. Just becuz they put Sooo much heart and soul into those songs, to try to please the crowd, hey they do it all for us fans!!

SYMPHONY X RULES!!!!!

The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Of Sins And Shadows
Evolution
Smoke And Mirrors
Egypt
Church Of The Machine

I Could go on and on... ;)

"Wicked" was really awesome to hear. I love the way Russell sang it in Stockholm, he put so much feel into it. Still while I listen to it on the record I can hear the way he did it there. Wow!

Id say that both Wicked and Sea of Lies sound better live than they do on their respective albums. Another great live song is Smoke and Mirrors, though I don't particularly think one version is better than the other, it sounds awsome either way.