SyX on SIRIUS radio

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
I got SIRIUS radio back at the beginning of January, and since then I've been setting my memo slots with a bunch of bands I like. I've been waiting patiently for SyX to come on so I could finally set the memo for them and yesterday it happened. I was flipping through my presets and came to the channel "Hard Attack", and I hear the 1st verse of "Smoke and Mirrors". AWESOME!!!

So I set my preset and now it'll notify me anytime they play SyX on SIRIUS.

Jsut figured I'd share. :)

proulxski said:
I live in Canada where I have yet to hear any metal on the radio... But dude, is serius an online thing (as I assume it is) would I be able to go online and listen to them?

SIRIUS is satellite radio. I have heard that you can get it in Canada, but they censor certain channels (like Howard Stern's) which really sucks. But, I have also heard that if you buy an American receiver then you can get every channel they offer.

SIRIUS is supposed to be making their programming available on the internet but only to their subscribers.

They have about 4 metal stations that I'd say are good. One for modern Metal, one for 80's metal, and 2 more that play classic and "Nu-metal". The combo of these, plus Howard's stations, and the rest of the available channels have proven worth the money, to me anyway.

Howard is now on Sirius in Canada. I don't know for how long since the Canadian government has a bug up their ass about Howard's show content and Canada doesn't believe in free speech.

Word also has it that Sirius has fewer channels in Canada.

sumairetsu said:
Howard is now on Sirius in Canada. I don't know for how long since the Canadian government has a bug up their ass about Howard's show content and Canada doesn't believe in free speech.

Word also has it that Sirius has fewer channels in Canada.

Well, if the Canadian government is anything at all like the US government then once they realize that Howard is generating big money for Sirius radio they'll let him stay, regardless of what they think about his content. Here in the US, as long as you're generating lots of money for some rich asshole, you're just find with our government.