HOLY SHIT! I heard Symphony X on Sirius today!

Snowmaker said:
Sirius Channel 27, Hard Attack, played Smoke and Mirrors this afternoon! I about shit myself. It was so cool to hear them on the radio! :hotjump:

We had a thread a while back where someone (i think it was mistymountaingirl) suggested we call in and request SX songs played on sirius. I guess it was a success.

:headbang:

Yeah I heard Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover today when I was at the gym on the classic rock station out here. They always play hair metal stuff, but its cool when they play some Rush or a rarity like Cliffs of Dover.

soundgarden said:
We had a thread a while back where someone (i think it was mistymountaingirl) suggested we call in and request SX songs played on sirius. I guess it was a success.

:headbang:

Thanks for the mention. ;) Yes we are getting there. Continue to call in and request so they get some heavier rotation. GOOD JOB :headbang:

At the risk of sounding rude, whether I work there or someone I know- is irrelevant. Let's just say the actions of the listeners help with the cause......so keep callling in. I'm probably closer than most people listening to getting it played or not. (Snowmaker). ;)

It got the band onto satellite radio, which will get them new listeners..that's the important part. Thanks to mistymountaingrlrocks for letting us know that our feedback would actually pay off..I'm glad they listened to us! I have this on my list of stuff to talk to MJR about the next time we chat..I'm sure he's going to dig it. :)

mistymountaingrlrocks said:
At the risk of sounding rude, whether I work there or someone I know- is irrelevant. Let's just say the actions of the listeners help with the cause......so keep callling in. I'm probably closer than most people listening to getting it played or not. (Snowmaker). ;)

So, that's a "no" then. :p

Well, I have the song stunk in as one of my 20 memo songs, so if it pops up again while I'm listening I'll know it. :headbang:

This is a little bit off-topic, but Progged Radio plays a lot of Symphony X, as well as many other good bands. I know it's not as good as them being played on Sirius Radio, but it's still nice to listen to them on the radio while using my computer.

Poison God Machine said:
I also read on the Blabbermouth boards that a Power Metal hour is going to be added to their programming. If this is true, I will have to look into getting this.

Hey Poison God Machine, where on Blabbermouth did you see that Sirius would be adding a power metal hour to their programming? Can you please list the link here so I can see it?

Sirius will be adding a power metal/prog program on Hard Attack soon and you can trust plenty of Symphony X will be heard on it. Whether or not it will be an hour is still up for debate at this time. It will start as a small feature and grow from there based on feedback is what I can tell you. :headbang:

TechX said:
Hey Poison God Machine, where on Blabbermouth did you see that Sirius would be adding a power metal hour to their programming? Can you please list the link here so I can see it?

Sirius will be adding a power metal/prog program on Hard Attack soon and you can trust plenty of Symphony X will be heard on it. Whether or not it will be an hour is still up for debate at this time. It will start as a small feature and grow from there based on feedback is what I can tell you. :headbang:

This was posted quite a while back, and I don't remember even which news topic it was posted in. It would take a lot of really hard searching to find it, and I don't think I would be able to find it right away.

Poison God Machine said:
This was posted quite a while back, and I don't remember even which news topic it was posted in. It would take a lot of really hard searching to find it, and I don't think I would be able to find it right away.
ok thanx, no problem. If you see anything again please post it here so I can see it. I get on these boards at least once a week. Updates on Sirius prog show coming soon!!