Favourite band

dragonwarrior

Brother of Metal
Nov 22, 2005
Northampton, England
Yeah, I know, its a topic which has probably been done a thousand times before, but i'm curious.
You may only choose one band (might be a bit hard... it is for me... i'm still thinking!)

I suppose I have to be honest with myself and say Judas Priest! :D

Bless y'old Maiden, still do me good though...

SYL ruuules that list.

My list:

Devin Townsend (SYL), Power Quest, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, In Flames (old), At the Gates, Windir, Forest of Fog, X Japan, Nocturnal Rites (old), Megadeth, Exodus (old), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, King Diamond (Mercyful Fate), Satan, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, oh man, I could go on forever.

At the moment. Dragonforce. They transformed my entire outlook on music. OK bands like Iron Maiden, or Blind Guardian would have to be high on any list for me, because I love them, but nobody has had as great an influence on me than the Dforce, so it has to be them.

Further on the list: Iron Maiden, Blidn Guardian, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Judas Priest, Iced Earth

I'd have to say dragonforce for all out amzingly crazy guitar and overall sound, but I feel iron savior are better due to the fact that the singing is a better balance between harsh and clear. But I guesse it depends on my state of mind, and that is a tougher question than it seems! I'm auspuffed! End of the day cheesy power metal like freedom call falconer hammerfall and sonata arctica are, in all, the best!!!!

Helloween is a great choice....but Angra (before they turned shit too) were great too!!
Avantasia counts like all bands that played in it?? :p

my favourite band, Blind Guardian easily. But there are a ton of other bands that are close to that. Manowar, Maiden, Emperor, Darkthrone, early CoB e.t.c

It really does change over time. Ask me 8 years ago, and I would of told you Metallica were the dog's bollocks. Currently, I listen to Helloween and Sonata Arctica the most... and I liked Keeper 3 and Angra's Temple of Shadows :p

Well Busted would have to be high up on anyones list :headbang:

But for me atm its a tie between HammerFall & DragonForce

If you'd asked me a few months ago I was obsessed with Ozzy Osbourne (not Sabbath, I mean Randy Rhoads era)

El Ganame said:
Angra (before they turned shit too) were great too!!

Na...I reckon Angra are better now than they were. Although that's not dissing their old stuff...songs like Angels Cry, Carry On, Lisbon, Make Belief etc are amazing!

They always have been awesome...and they've just kept getting better. Definitely one of my faves.