Top 10 favourite bands of all time?

Bryant said:
Man I hate these lists.......:erk: Some bands have to get left off then I think about them later on..... :ill:

Bryant
:lol: I know what you mean. I *always* have to go through my collection afraid as I am of forgetting an important band. Even then afterwards I sometimes feel like I still have forgotten one :loco:

Solid list btw

Hawk said:
:lol: I know what you mean. I *always* have to go through my collection afraid as I am of forgetting an important band. Even then afterwards I sometimes feel like I still have forgotten one :loco:

Solid list btw
You know Hawk, many of us here have talked about Tad Morose. Are you familiar with their last three releases ? I have to recruit you to the Tad Morose army before fang gets his paws on you. :loco:

Bryant

Bryant said:
You know Hawk, many of us here have talked about Tad Morose. Are you familiar with their last three releases ? I have to recruit you to the Tad Morose army before fang gets his paws on you. :loco:

Bryant
I have to admit I am not that familiar with them. What albums do you recommend?

Hawk said:
I have to admit I am not that familiar with them. What albums do you recommend?
my personal favorite is "Matters of the Dark" followed by their newest "Modus Vivendi."

I think there are three full length MP3s from the century media website.
http://www.centurymedia.com

tad Morose is a Swedish "power metal" band that reminds me of Angel Dust at times and Savatage at times. Pretty good stuff.

Bryant

Bryant said:
my personal favorite is "Matters of the Dark" followed by their newest "Modus Vivendi."

I think there are three full length MP3s from the century media website.
http://www.centurymedia.com

tad Morose is a Swedish "power metal" band that reminds me of Angel Dust at times and Savatage at times. Pretty good stuff.

Bryant
Mmm sorry to tell you but that does not bode well for Tad Morose and me :)
I don't like the present Angel Dust as against the mid 80s thrash they played then. And I only like the non-opera albums from Savatage [Handfull of Rain is a masterpiece!].

So I'll have to see. I am going to the recordshop this afternoon to check out some new releases, the new Lease Law album [with ex-Crimson Glory, ex-Seven Witches singer Wade Black] amongst others. If it is any good I will buy the Lease Law album. But I will give Tad Morose also a fair hearing.

Judge Hawk now presiding!:D

Hawk said:
Mmm sorry to tell you but that does not bode well for Tad Morose and me :)
I don't like the present Angel Dust as against the mid 80s thrash they played then. And I only like the non-opera albums from Savatage [Handfull of Rain is a masterpiece!].

So I'll have to see. I am going to the recordshop this afternoon to check out some new releases, the new Lease Law album [with ex-Crimson Glory, ex-Seven Witches singer Wade Black] amongst others. If it is any good I will buy the Lease Law album. But I will give Tad Morose also a fair hearing.

Judge Hawk now presiding!:D
You may not like them then. I really love Angel Dust "Bleed" but TM doesn't really sound like anyone. If they have it there and you can preview it, check it out. The lead vocalist, Urban Breed is very good.

Bryant

Fangface said:
Check that MP3 link posted in the "Tad Morose" thread ;)
I heard them in the recordshop this afternoon. There are pretty good but I have to hear a few times more. I hoped to find the second Psychotic Waltz box but it was not in yet. I need to hear some more Tad Morose before I buy them.

Well, I guess it's my turn.

In no particular order..

Iron Maiden
Sepultura (With Max)
Fear Factory
Black Sabbath (With Ozzy)
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Label Society
ACDC
Tool
Soulfly
Deftones

That's allways a hard one, I allways think I forget one of my top 10 and put another in place...

-old Queensryche
-Symphony X
-first Angel Witch
-Culprit
-Dream Theatre
-Diamond Head (Living on...borrowed time)
-SOD (speak English or die)
-Slayer
-Savage Grace (Dominatress EP)
-Znöwhite

Runner up's
Heir Apparent, Jag Panzer, Helstar, Laaz Rockit, Toxic, Rush, Overkill, Nasty Savage, Vow Wow, Damien Thorne...oops, here I go again...

Hawk said:
Thats an impressive old school list :headbang:

That's the only thing I know man, don't ask about new stuff to me... maybe some prog metal, that's all, but before 1990 that's my piece of cake !! :loco:

Also, Tad Morose is amazing Hawk. Check out Modus Vivendi the newest album. They have a unique style. Vocalist Urban Breed reminds me a little bit of Blackie Lawless at times. "Clearly Insane" is my favorite song by them.

TheGraveDigger said:
Also, Tad Morose is amazing Hawk. Check out Modus Vivendi the newest album. They have a unique style. Vocalist Urban Breed reminds me a little bit of Blackie Lawless at times. "Clearly Insane" is my favorite song by them.
Thanks for thwe tip. I jumped the bandwagon yesterday :lol:

carnut said:
That's the only thing I know man, don't ask about new stuff to me... maybe some prog metal, that's all, but before 1990 that's my piece of cake !! :loco:
Check out Vanden Plas if you haven't already. In my ears what seperates them from other prog bands is that if you do like their style, you will like all of their albums from The God Thing - Beyond Daylight era. They have very consistant quality if you like their sound. I don't find that consistancy from most prog bands.

bryant