So, what don't you like about your favourite bands?

Arjen Lucassen - I'll probably never see him play live.
bawl1.gif

Symphony X - Michael Romeo should let go of the songwriting reigns. Russell Allen and Mike Pinella have proven themselves to be capable.

Dream Theater - As the sole person in the universe that likes James Labrie's singing, the instrumental wankeration gets a bit old for me.

Metallica - I don't even know where to start, but at least I still like their songs.

MrMajs said:
I agree with you Guardian, Avril Lavigne is very fuckin brutal, and i dont like her guitar playing. Too much sweeping and whammy bar.
She wears a lot of spikes, and on the cover of her new single she's pictured with a flying V.
Very metal indeed!! :loco:

Hmmm.....

Vanden Plas - Not much bad I can say about them. Maybe their next CD can be a little heavier than the last.

Fates Warning - Please no more one4 song albums.

Accept - The obvious is the fact they don't exist anymore.

Angel Dust - Way too much internal problems and member line-up changes.

Balance of Power - They have no vocalist. : /

Symphony X - Would someone please tell Micheal Romeo he is a fine guitarist, but I have heard better tones coming from a Sears and Roebuck amplifier.

Queensryche, Selloutica and Dio..... This server doesn't have enough available headroom for me to even start on these former metal Gods.

Bryant

fear factory - anything after demanufacture (except the song resurrection).

metallica - well, after many years, and after many things, i can honestly say the only good thing they have done was "kill'em all", "ride the lighting", and "master of puppets". everything else just screams annoyance.

iced earth - granted that i am a HUGE FAN of this band, i can't help notice jon schaffer's desire (obsession????) to go mainstream, i mean, he's at the top of the METAL WORLD, and he is above the underground all the while depending heavily that the mainstream will pick him up. i say to jon, f$ck the mainstream, and f$ck what false promises they give you.

in flames - i am also a huge fan of theirs, and i must say that the road they follow is a very dangerous one cosidering the last album R2R has given these veterans of music a nasty after taste to the potential they have.

amon amarth - Ted Lundstrom. good bassist considering he plays with a pick, but an attitude problem that has to be looked at (and i only say this b/c i met him once when they come my area, and it wasn't a pleasant meeting).

lacuna coil - not being dog collared to christina scabbia. lol, j/k.

tal shiar agent 930 said:
metallica - well, after many years, and after many things, i can honestly say the only good thing they have done was "kill'em all", "ride the lighting", and "master of puppets". everything else just screams annoyance.
I wouldn't say it's just those three albums - Justice For All fucken rules!! It's their best album in my opinion, pretty much perfect in every sense of the word! But yeah I agree that the 2 'Load's' are not that good, and I heard St Anger yesterday and wasn't exactly impressed.

It's a shame it looks like they'll never ever return to form.