So, what don't you like about your favourite bands?

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
So, this should be good for everyone's humility :D What don't you like about your favourite band(s)? Post at least one of their pitfalls.

For example one of my favourite bands is Ulver (incase you didn't know :D ) but I must say they a pretentious and tautological beyond belief to the point where they can be non-sensical. Also until the metamorphosis ep Trickster G's vocals were hit and miss much of the time..

So, what faults do your favourite bands have? :)

Primus-The fact that they're on "hiatus"

Other favourites with flaws:

Krisiun-Horrible production

Gwar-Trying to be metal when they're a much better punk band.

Mr. Bungle-Being lazy with recording

Arcane Sun- the fact that they broke up after one album, and their second album is sitting on a shelf because record labels won't pick it up. Dumb asses.

Darkane-The Screeches, but i've got used to them.
Soilwork-The fact that they don't play solos like they used to.
Decapitated-Sauron's vocal style is so damn monotone, I wish he would add a little more variety to his growls.

SLAYER - Kerry King fucking everything up by jumping on the nu-metal bandwagon and his constant thrash talking

THE HAUNTED - Marco's monotanous singing (if you can call it that)

METALLICA - everything ;)

Just a few minor quibbles....

Rhapsody - Luca, everything else you do owns, so WHY CAN'T THERE BE AT LEAST HALF PRETENDING TO BE INVENTIVE DRUM PARTS IN SONGS?? It's all I ask, really.

All bands on little crappy labels like Frontiers, G.U.N. - GET OFF THOSE AND GO FIND A DECENT RECORD DEAL THAT'LL ACTUALLY GET YOU SOME EXPOSURE IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS OR SO

Nightwish - Lose Marco, he has pretty much ruined the band to an extent.

Jorn Lande - You suck, because you quit Ark to join Masterplan. :puke:

The Haunted-Marco is not Peter Dolving
At the Gates-Some strange lyrics on first albums
Opeth-seems they are trying too hard lately
Amorphis-The stopped singing folk stuff

Obituary - They broke up.

Pantera - I am getting real impatient.. When are they going to release a new album already?

Soulfly - Max just isn't the same anymore like how he was with Sepultura.

coronerox said:
Horrible production?? What cd are you talking about?? Conquerors of Armaggedon and Ageless Venomous has a good production IMO......

Ageless Venemous has fucking horrible production.
No bass AT ALL and terribly over triggered kick drums.
That whole album sounds like a metronome.

Bethlehem - They're lways singing in German (save one) and I don't speak it.
Judas Priest - Ripper is NOT Halford no matter what anyone says.
Lacuna Coil - Cristina is not living with me...
Hypocrisy - I loathe to think about where they are headed.

Down -- they take a long enough time to release albums

David Gray--he's not visiting Canada, and his older stuff takes time to get used to (it's more "acoustic-y"). I also don't fully understand the lyrics or have odd interpretations or them... so I can't really talk with other fans. :p

Corrosion of Conformity--the new music is not as "heavy" as the old stuff. Their old drummer is quite... snobby as well (only my opinion).

Rhapsody - Luca, everything else you do owns, so WHY CAN'T THERE BE AT LEAST HALF PRETENDING TO BE INVENTIVE DRUM PARTS IN SONGS?? It's all I ask, really.

--Then they need to find a drummer who can actually play the songs so they don't have to use a freakin' drum machine.

HELLO-FUCKING-WEEN: Weikath, your Silly Wabbit experiment better be good, because you just fired the two people who wrote your best material on Dark Ride. This better not be Pink Bubbles again, pal.

MIKE WEAD: One more good Memento Mori album with Messiah. That's all I ask, dammit.

KING DIAMOND: I don't know what you are doing, but the production on all the newer albums sounds canned to me. No focused bottom end, and no energy. Maybe get THE FUCK out of Texas and go back to your roots? Just a thought....

IRON MAIDEN: Now that Adrian Smith is back, CAN WE KICK JANICK FUCKING GERS OUT OF THE BAND ALREADY??!?!! Sheesh...

Thank you
hypnotized.gif

LordFireworm said:
Ageless Venemous has fucking horrible production.
No bass AT ALL and terribly over triggered kick drums.
That whole album sounds like a metronome.

Yeah, on Ageless I have to agree with that........but Conquerors has the best production of the Krisiun albuns....

Black Force Domain has a terrible production.......Guitar with bass......you get confused.......but anyway...........just My opinion