What are your favourite bands?

The only snickers i have are for justin timberlake.
While i generally disslike all of them, i despise that....thing.

Though having vivaldi on there pretty much balances it all out.

Timberlake's Futuresex Lovesounds has got some great grooves... When traffic sux, I throw on my dance mix and get down in my driver's seat. :D:loco:

Seventh Wonder is #1. In Flames is #2. Here are some other songs/bands that I love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody! I'm new here, this is my first post :D and these are my favourites bands, hope you like them:

Frost* : A great prog. band:

Sonata Arctica: My favourite band. Two songs from their last album.

Yellowcard: Punk-rock

Buckcherry: I love singer's voice

And some bands you already know:

-Seventh Wonder
-U2
-Queen
-Green Day
-Dream Theater

:D cheers from Spain!

The last sonata album for me was a bit of a dissapointment actually. But i keep wanting another reckoning night, which i doubt will happen.

Deathaura in particular i was dissapointed with though, it was just so underwhelming for me.

- Rush
- Opeth
- Everon
- Sylvan
- Circus Maximus
- Pink Floyd
- Amorphis
- Dream Theater
- Equilibrium
- Yanni
- Ludovico Einaudi
- Seventh Wonder

:)

Queensrÿche
Kamelot
Dream Theater
Seventh Wonder
Scorpions
Dio
Almost everything with Michael Kiske
Judas Priest
Queen
Evergrey
Vanden Plas
Tomorrow´s Eve
Anthriel
Symphony X
Tarot

i dont understand why nobody has mentioned Queensrÿche before? :(

Oh didnt see that, nice to see someone who agrees with me :) :lol:

Add me to that list as well. Saw them live at Norway Rock Festival last summer and they did ONE song from the "old" era, up to and including.. Empire. For a band of this magnitude, it's not really about promoting the new stuff, is it? C'mon - do a showcase of the classic stuff and give the audience what they want!

New'ish poster here, and my list of faves are, in no particular order (except the first one)

Rush (!!!!)
Fates Warning
Opeth
Spiral Architect
ARK (Burn the Sun, anyone?)
Marillion (Fish-era)
Dream Theater (up to and including Images and Words).
Redemption
Symphony X (Damnation Game and Divine Wings.. and maybe V )
Shadow Gallery
Circus Maximus
Seventh Wonder
Helloween (Keeper of the Seven Keys I & II)
Mezzoforte
Dave Weckl
The Chick Corea Elektric Band
Abraham Laboriel/Koinonia

(those last 4 just to go non-metal completely :p)

Iron Maiden - first metalband and still my favourite
Meshuggah - In my opinion the most original metalband the last 20 years or so, who doesn't love to have your sense of rhythm and melody basically raped?
Cynic - Jazz + Metal? they do it!
Dream Theater - Their first 3 albums. I can't stand the later albums and I couldn't be happier that Portnoy is gone.
Opeth - Really cool sound.
Lost Horizon - About the only power metal I can stand these days, really underrated Swedish band - CHECK EM OUT!
Seventh wonder - Obviously..
Circus Maximus
Hieronymus Bosch - Russian progressive death metal. Great and smart compositions.
Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Great swedish post-jazz stuff
Erik Satie

Two first-time-posters: great to see so many new fans over here!

Soliloquÿ and Sedin: Welcome to the forum :wave: .

Soliloquÿ;9674144 said:
Add me to that list as well. Saw them live at Norway Rock Festival last summer and they did ONE song from the "old" era, up to and including.. Empire. For a band of this magnitude, it's not really about promoting the new stuff, is it? C'mon - do a showcase of the classic stuff and give the audience what they want!

You too were at Norway Rock?
I guess the one old song was Jet City Woman? That was about the only Queensryche song I had a relationship to. :p
Decent taste you have btw. Fates,Circus, Opeth and of course Seventh are all excellent bands. Symphony X is a class act above though ;)

You too were at Norway Rock?
I guess the one old song was Jet City Woman? That was about the only Queensryche song I had a relationship to. :p
Decent taste you have btw. Fates,Circus, Opeth and of course Seventh are all excellent bands. Symphony X is a class act above though ;)

Thanks for that (and thanks for the welcome, Kazar!) :)
Yeah I was there in Kvinesdal, from Monday until Sunday, and let me say this; the best part was coming home, finally being able to take a shower and eat normal food. No more "taco-loff" and boiled(!) hamburgers!
I don't quite remember what song it was, but Jet City Woman seems to ring a bell. I just remember standing there, giving them the evil-eye, with my arms folded, completely UN-enthused (which I'm sure went unnoticed :p ) about their show.
Managed to catch Gary Moore's (last one in Norway?) show too, which I thought was rudely interrupted by Christopher Skaug (of The Cumshots?)'s "#"¤& Gary Moore" as appparently his closing solo spilled over into their set at the small stage.

Lost Horizon - About the only power metal I can stand these days, really underrated Swedish band - CHECK EM OUT!

I MISS THIS BAND!!!!!! Daniel is still one of my most favorite singers - even the HEED stuff was awesome in my book... I'm so glad to have gotten 4 demos songs for their second effort that never happened...

He and I use to totally geek out talking about Crimson Glory and Queensryche!!!

Once in a while I still listen to the two 'Lost Horizon' albums - both fantasic albums!

I know that musical differences was the reason Daniel left but I always had hoped he would return (and I have a feeling Wojtek was hoping the same. It has been more than 6 years now since Daniel left and still no new singer has been found....).
It's a real shame that we only have so few LH-songs to enjoy (but of course, here it's definitely 'quality above quantity').

I totally agree with you Kazar... And I don't think Daniel's singing in a band at all now :(

I have seen that LH is trying to put out another CD - their site was 'revamped' a little while ago...

1. Seventh Wonder - Epicness incarnate.

2. Anthriel - New band on their first disc.

3. Mindsplit - Very unknown band from Sweden. Their first album is great, although I can't find more than three of the songs on youtube/the internet.....

4. Wintersun - Amazing band, and their new album may actually be coming out this year! About time......

5. Elvenking - Although their last album isn't as good as anything preceding it, they still make/have made some amazing stuff.

6. The Dreamside - randomly clicked on one of their songs while listening to Seventh Wonder. Fell in love almost immediately. Great band.

7. Circus Maximus - Finally bothered to listen to one of their songs. Glad I did; Abyss blew me away.

8. Sons of Seasons - They keep saying on their site that they created dark symphonic metal. I'm not so sure about this, considering how they're about to release their second CD, but it doesn't matter because they are AMAZING!!

9. Kamelot - Another band I only recently bothered to check out. I now desperately wish I live in Europe, so I could go see them (and Tommy Karevik, and SONS OF SEASONS) live....

10. Nightwish - Eagerly awaiting next year, when they release that concept album, and the MOVIE.

11. Akroma - Probably the best recommendation the Encyclopedia Metallum has ever given me, and the only progressive black metal band I listen to. Great concepts, AMAZING music.

Time for a few more i think, although someone already beat me to Moon Safari!

Manigance:
Hibria:
Cold Chisel:
Galneryus:
FM:
Masterplan: