Favourite Band

I'm talking about Death the band btw. And not everyone is a fan of it, as blasphemous as that sounds. :p

As for you, you are automatically cool because you listen to
Capture.png

@EffigyForgotten: Alcest is indeed great. Enjoy.

I listen to a lot of cool music. Best taste ever. ;)

I was also talking about Death the band.
By proggy I meant progressive metal'ish, not prog proggy.

"beautiful" + "has nothing to do with feelings"... does not compute. all art has to do with feelings.

ONly if you construe "feelings" as broadly as possible. How about, not all art has to be about "sentiments?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PBtrPSQaK8

1) this is beautiful

2) it has nothing to do with "feelings"

3) it has everything to do with the technical architecture

nuff said

I like one album by that band. The Art of Navigating By The Stars is genius. Everything else they've done fails to catch my interest, precisely because it's just an exercise in technical rudiments to my ears.

PS: Alcest is awesome. I've got that one on LP, and the one before it.

DGM is the most stupid band name ever.
"PCI Express Audio Card" would be better and I just took something random on my desk.

I like the solos but the song is not very good. why can't russell sing all of it?

I am moving farther and farther away from technical playing, and more into creativity, atmosphere, and emotion as time goes on. I prefer lyrics that can affect me on an emotional level over cheesy power metal crap.

Best album of 2012?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, this song is better than 75% of Iconoclast. The vocal melodies especially. I forgot what Russell sounded like when he's singing good melodies. Been a while since the last Allen/Lande. This is basically Symphony X lite. You can tell who their biggest influence is. Sounds like what would have happened if the band still went mainstream after The Odyssey, but in a more melodic direction instead of going heavier and more aggressive.

Dude, this song is better than 75% of Iconoclast. The vocal melodies especially. I forgot what Russell sounded like when he's singing good melodies. Been a while since the last Allen/Lande. This is basically Symphony X lite. You can tell who their biggest influence is. Sounds like what would have happened if the band still went mainstream after The Odyssey, but in a more melodic direction instead of going heavier and more aggressive.

HOLY SHIT, you're right. Russ sounds damn awesome. Despite how mainstream it sounds at many points, I honsestly wouldn't have minded something like this being on IC, maybe as a bonus track like Frontiers.