Favourite Band

John Macaluso is a world-class drummer. Anyone who doubts it should listen to the MCM live album. I'm sure he'll do great.

I'd rather say "more than excellent" along with "Dark matter",the only problem now is what they will do about a new album without Martin Orford.To me "Subterranea "is the best concept of 90's era as "Operation mindcrime" was for the 80's,glad to see them more than once,also at 20th anniversary when they played "Last human gateway" .

They already did an album without Martin Orford - Frequency.

Maybe you don't know that keyboard parts in frequency were already written by Martin,so he left the band very angry because there are no credits of him in Frequency.Anyway,let's hope they can do a record in IQ style also without him,meanwhile I suggest you to listen Big big train' "English electric part 2" or
Steven wilson's "the raven that refused to sing"

Maybe you don't know that keyboard parts in frequency were already written by Martin,so he left the band very angry because there are no credits of him in Frequency.Anyway,let's hope they can do a record in IQ style also without him,meanwhile I suggest you to listen Big big train' "English electric part 2" or
Steven wilson's "the raven that refused to sing"

I didn't know that, no. I have great respect for Martin Orford and IQ as a whole, so it's unfortunate if he parted on poor terms.

Now now let's not advocate people killing themselves. Why not just hang out with the emo kids instead? They're always a barrel of laughs, plus they have great orgies or so I hear...just don't be surprised if the genders get crossed somewhere in there, but hey we all have to deal with it at some point

This is old but lmao!!

Like emos, my gay friends have always been hilarious to be around. I guess they truely dont care at all what people think so they do whatever... And holy crap it can be funny.

Symphony X to appear at 70000 TONS OF METAL:

"43 weeks until 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will once again depart for a Caribbean Dream Destination. That sounds like a symphony in our ears... SYMPHONY X"

http://www.70000tons.com/

I've never heard of the guy, but it should be interesting. I guess it depends on their set, which I'm hoping contains some older classics mixed in with the underwhelming Iconoclast stuff.

Hopefully we'll get some videos.

I'm hoping so too, but I doubt it. I did a quick search of their tour history, and their first stop on the 11th, Buenos Aires, they were at last at in mid-2011, back when they were playing mostly PL stuff with End of Innocence and Dehumanized as a preview of the then forthcoming album. So technically speaking, I suppose they haven't yet experienced the most recent set, with the first half of the whole show completely from IC, meaning it might not be any different. The Brazil and Chile shows are the same deal.

That said, according to their FB page, they are about to release some news concerning a summer European tour today, so perhaps there's a chance these 3 shows could be sort of a warm-up for them to put together a new set for that tour.

That actually looks worse to me. It's the same setlist as always except they dropped a couple Iconoclast songs and "The Odyssey" and then replaced them with the most overplayed older songs in the catalog ("Smoke and Mirrors", "Evolution", and "Inferno")

True enough, but I'd rather have a setlist comprised of only the most popular songs from each album than just IC and PL. Just gives it more variety. I do think Children of a Faceless God should also hit the road, along with Eve of Seduction, and replace them with some other old stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
some friends of mine went to milan to see Avantasia,they said it was awesome,3 hours long featuring Michael Kiske,Bob Catley,Eric martin and others on vocals.I regret not having been there with them