Favourite Guitar Solos

Toxik - World Circus (happy to see this mentioned above)
Coroner - Arc-Lite
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Lazarus AD - Forged In Blood (outro solo) (so awesome)
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
Accept - Fast As A Shark
Agent Steel - Agents of Steel
Annihilator - Ligeia (Demo)
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence (as in every solo on the album)
Raven - All For One (the whole album as well. incredible soloing)
Deep Purple - Lazy, Child In Time
Megadeth - Wake Up Dead, Poison Was the Cure, I Ain't Superstitious
Overkill - Blood and Iron
Rage - Unity
Slayer - Black Magic
Testament - Apocalyptic City
Venom - Burstin' Out

oh

Cream - Crossroads

I like your tastes! Wake Up Dead is a great pick, hopefully you mean the orgasmic solo after the mosh-break with the tapping, yes? :)

My favourite Waters solo has to be the W.T.Y.D. one, fantastic shit!
and since I'm commenting on your lists kudos for Unity, a great instrumental! Black Magic is also my favourite Slayer song, although my fave version is the one on Live Undead... And Apocalyptic City is the best song on Legacy but the best solo has to be Over the Wall, such awesome melodies!

I like your tastes! Wake Up Dead is a great pick, hopefully you mean the orgasmic solo after the mosh-break with the tapping, yes? :)

My favourite Waters solo has to be the W.T.Y.D. one, fantastic shit!
and since I'm commenting on your lists kudos for Unity, a great instrumental! Black Magic is also my favourite Slayer song, although my fave version is the one on Live Undead... And Apocalyptic City is the best song on Legacy but the best solo has to be Over the Wall, such awesome melodies!

Yes, that is the solo I was referring to (with wake up dead) Awesome creative tapping pattern.

My favorite waters solo is Ligeia because of the scales he uses in the song and because of the solo riffs that are played under his solos.

Black Magic isn't my favorite song, for sure, but I think it has their best solo for sure. The last section of the first solo leading up to the mosh is so awesome. My favorite songs are Show No Mercy, Tormentor, Jesus Saves, and Crionics! My number 1 favorite is The Anti-Christ though. Haha.

Apocalyptic City has my favorite solo and it's my favorite song. I just like the sweeping section so much. I have only been playing guitar for a few months but I almost have the G minor sweep section down!

Unity is also awesome. I wish Rage had more songs where they would show off their virtuosity...

Cool to see someone with very similar tastes then XD

Oh, on Live Undead... I think every song is the best! If it had Crionics and Tormentor it might have been my all time favorite album haha.

Entombed - Left Hand Path
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Boston - Pretty much everything. :lol: :D

Megadeth - Tornado of Souls
first one that came to mind.

Pantera - Floods
Metallica - Blackened, One
Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake (Skolnick's part!!)

For those of you who have not heard that last one, be sure to check it out. Skolnicks intro is the single most epic guitar-sound I have ever heard!

tornado of souls - megadeth
ride the lightning - metallica
floods - pantera
comfortably numb - floyd
mountain time - joe bonamassa

Some more:

Death - Voice Of The Soul
Kreator - Betrayer
Pantera - Walk, I'm Broken, Floods
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
Metallica - One
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years, Phantom Of The Opera
Soilwork - Machine Gun Majesty

Forgot to give my favourite lead guitarist, Andreas Kisser a mention:
Sepultura - Mass Hypnosis

Amon Amarth - Embrace of the Endless Ocean
:kickass: This one is so awesome.

Also, most of the solos from "The Blackening" by Machine Head. Especially "Halo".

Most of the solos from the Lackening (that's not a typo by the way) piss me off. Especially since one of them is 20 years old.

But on a related note, Blood for Blood and Blood of the Zodiac have great solos.

Death - A Moment Of Clarity

2:20 - 3:46

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uP0PtBurno&feature=related[/ame]

Annihilator - Reduced to Ash

1:30 - 2:10

And for some unreal melody..........

1:20 - 5:11!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, A Moment of Clarity solo! :kickass:
I fuckin love Death. Every solo that Chuck wrote is superb.

Chucks Solo comes in at 3:14 as usual its drpping in melody :headbang:

First solo is Shannon Hamm, also when it comes to Death I love 'Trapped in a Corner' solo which was mostly Andy LaRocque out of King Diamond, Shannon Hamm plays it almost note for note on the 'Death Live in LA' DVD..........awesome:headbang:

2:03 - 3:13 (Chuck comes in at 2:51 with his Van Halen tapping:headbang:)

Last edited by a moderator: