Favourite last (recent) album of an artist

i respect morbid angel,they are extreme music,not death metal which they once were,good on em for doing something different.

I've been a fan of Morbid Angel since Alters of Madness. I have gotten each of their CD's the day they came out. They have always been death metal, extreme death metal at that.

The new album has about 5 songs that are 'good'. Nothing great, but good. They have also put some of the worst songs they have ever written on this album.

I am pretty sure Stormwatch is just saying this about Illud Insanus to be funny. I don't mind any band that tries new things. But to say this new album is the best they have done in their career is just flat out hilarious.

Alters of Madness, Blessed are The Sick, Covenant, Domination are all 10 times better than this one.

The title of the thread does not mention the word "best," it says "favorite."

That being said one person's opinions, may not be another persons, because opinions are just that, opinions. Unless your IMF09, who doesn't know how to separate the two, and holds all of his own opinions to be fact.

Sorry guys if the thread title was not that clear.

Tried to explain what I was looking for within the explanation of the thread.

Trivium - Shogun

What about The Blackening ... might anyone go for that one?

It is hard to beat Burn My Eyes, however ... =)

The title of the thread does not mention the word "best," it says "favorite."

That being said one person's opinions, may not be another persons, because opinions are just that, opinions. Unless your IMF09, who doesn't know how to separate the two, and holds all of his own opinions to be fact.

Even "best" is an opinion when it comes to music. To be my favorite would also mean I think it's their best.

So are you saying you may think WCFYA is your favorite Anthrax album, but you may think Persistence of Time or Among The Living is their Best? That wouldn't make sense to me

And since this is a forum, typically it is used to express your opinion, even if that means talking about someone elses opinion. You obviously don't like my opinions and continually state that. And that is fine too. That is what forums are for. I don't expect everyone to like my opinions, that's why they are MY opinions.

Would could just make a thread where if you simply reply with 'cool' or 'nice' to everyone's posts and you can see how in about 1 day this forum will be completely dead. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Well every single band in the world tells you that their latest album is their "best" because they have evolved. Some of them are right, some of them not.

forgot to mention pantera,reinventing the steel is a damn good album,even with all though it wasnt the same happy band it once was it was still pantera at its best,god damn electric,testerday dont mean shit and revoultion is my name are up there with panteras finest cuts

forgot to mention pantera,reinventing the steel is a damn good album,even with all though it wasnt the same happy band it once was it was still pantera at its best,god damn electric,testerday dont mean shit and revoultion is my name are up there with panteras finest cuts

Yep great album. I like Far Beyond Driven and TGSTK a bit more. But still a great album

Belakor - Stone's Reach... though that's an easy call for that band as it's their second album and the production of the first one is :erk:

Reinventing The Steel isn't a bad shout. I tend to think EVERY Pantera album was somewhat patchy with filler songs on them all (of course the good songs were seriously fucking awesome which made up for it) so RtS could easily be one of their best.

Reinventing The Steel isn't a bad shout. I tend to think EVERY Pantera album was somewhat patchy with filler songs on them all (of course the good songs were seriously fucking awesome which made up for it) so RtS could easily be one of their best.

I don't find many filler songs on Far Beyond Driven or The Great Southern Trendkill.