Favourite last (recent) album of an artist

Cover.jpg

"Good friends and a bottle of pills"? Load of shit.

That song is hilarious.... the lyrics are great. They obviously put that song in there as a semi 'joke' to break things up. It's not a song that is just a bad song that they threw on there because they didn't have any others.

Last edited by a moderator:
That song is hilarious.... the lyrics are great. They obviously put that song in there as a semi 'joke' to break things up. It's not a song that is just a bad song that they threw on there because they didn't have any others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMTwVIuLsw
cool lyrics,pretty sure from reading interviews they were all smashed at the time and dime was running a beer can up and down the strings,he also said it was slightly diff when they recorded mentioning there was less beer in the can so it sounded diff,great fucking song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMTwVIuLsw

As usual you see things only your way to defend your own viewpoint.
Pantera do a truly shit song on an album and it's a "semi joke" whatever that fucking means. But Morbid Angel do something similar and it's a disgrace to the planet.

As usual you see things only your way to defend your own viewpoint.
Pantera do a truly shit song on an album and it's a "semi joke" whatever that fucking means. But Morbid Angel do something similar and it's a disgrace to the planet.

Most people don't agree with you about that song being a 'shit song' and i think that upsets you. It's okay.

Morbid Angel did about 5 songs on an album that they didn't do as a 'joke' they did trying to be serious and they don't see them as a 'joke' they take them seriously and defend those songs. Pantera never said that A good friend and a bottle of pills was some new form of extreme music and defended it as a great song. They laughed at it and know it was put on the album as a 'joke' of sorts. If they put 5 songs on that album that sounded like that i would be a bit upset about it. But they didn't just 1, as a semi 'joke'.

Most people don't agree with you about that song being a 'shit song' and i think that upsets you. It's okay.

Morbid Angel did about 5 songs on an album that they didn't do as a 'joke' they did trying to be serious and they don't see them as a 'joke' they take them seriously and defend those songs. Pantera never said that A good friend and a bottle of pills was some new form of extreme music and defended it as a great song. They laughed at it and know it was put on the album as a 'joke' of sorts. If they put 5 songs on that album that sounded like that i would be a bit upset about it. But they didn't just 1, as a semi 'joke'.

It was fucking shit, and so was "Planet Caravan".

On a serious side note, I believe the great bands, that have truly classic albums, are remembered partly because they DON'T do stupid shit like "bottle of pills". Classic albums seem to have, for the most part, just purely great "serious" original songs all the way through.
Examples:
Master of Puppets or Justice - Metallica saved the covers and goofy (but great!) shit for EPs and B sides.
Any Maiden album up until 7th Son - ditto, Maiden saved covers and goofy shit for B sides.

Bands that have suffered for NOT saving goofy shit for B sides - Annihilator. Anthrax.

Bands that have suffered for NOT saving goofy shit for B sides - Annihilator. Anthrax.

If you are complaining about '604 and CUPAJOE' then I don't understand why..ANTHRAX has always been a 'fun' band, even during their 'moody' years.

But if you're talking bout that cover song in WCFYA..then I do agree..

What about Overkill's cover of 'Changes'?

Its good. There are some great Sabbath covers. Sepultura did Symptoms of The Universe which was awesome, same with Helmet.

I liked Panteras version of Electric Funeral.

My favorite Black Sabbath cover song ever though is "Zero The Hero" from Cannibal Corpse, for sure the deepest, guttural vocals I have ever heard lol. Chris Barnes back in the day was the man. I love to blast that song out the car window and scare people :worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I could have sworn 'Im The Man' is an EP and 'Attack Of The Killer Bs' is a B-side record.

And so is Bring the Noise. The "problem" is that those songs became crossover hits, partly defining the band in the mainstream. Anthrax didn't really stick silly songs on their studio albums until Toast to the Extras, I believe.

However, I'm sure the band would have no problems compiling a double album called "Covers & Goofy Shit".

I'm not complaining about bands doing goofy songs - I always liked Anthrax better than the other thrash bands. I also love Annihilator. But like Motorpsycho noted, those goofy things defined a "goofy" image that, I think, hurt those bands.