favourite lyrics thread

Well this isn't a lyric, but i felt like posting it:

"To Boddah pronounced Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile camplainee. (..)
I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. I must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasm I once had as a child. On our last three tours I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much. So much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, pisces, Jesus man! Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!
(...)
I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along, and have empathy. Empathy! Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess. Thank you all from the pit of my burning nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore and so remember, its better to burn out than to fade away. peace, love, empathy. Kurt Cobain"

"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive"

(GooGoo Dolls-Iris)

A beautiful song with beautiful lyrics and a very emotional voice... any many memories :)

People are strange when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted,
Streets are uneven when you're down.

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange.

(The Doors - People Are Strange)

Remember the first time i told you "i love you"
It was raining hard and you never heard
You sneezed and i had to say it over
"I said i love you", i said
You didn't say a word
You just held your hands
To my shining eyes
And i watched as the rain ran through your fingers
Held your hands
To my shining eyes
And smiled as you kissed me

"If you die", you said
"So do i", you said
And it starts the day you make the sign
Tell me i'm forever yours
And you're forever mine
Forever mine...

"If you die", you said
"So do i", you said
And it starts the day you cross that line
Swear i will always be yours
And you'll be always be mine
You'll always be mine
Always be mine...

Remember the last time i told you i love you
It was warm and safe in a perfect world
You yawned and i had to say it over
"I said i love you", i said
You didn't say a word
Just held your hands
To your shining eyes
And i watched as the tears ran through your fingers
Held you hands
To your shining eyes
And cried

"If you die", you said
"So do i", you said
But it ends the day you see how it is
There is no always, forever
Just this

"If you die", you said
"So do i", you said
But it ends the day you understand
There is no if
Just when

(The Cure - There Is No If)

Overshadowed by her sister
Pretty girl would scream,

King Volcano gave me numbers
King Volcano is clean (twice)

Lonely people burn like candles
Only we are clean
Lonely people burn like candles
Only we are clean

(Bauhaus - King Volcano)

Originally posted by bane

ah,words from my second favorite band "fields of the nephilim",the album "elizium", the song, umm... "and there will your heart be also", or is it "at the gates of silent memory" , one of the two!!!!

;) Yap, it's the song "and there will your heart be also" (if we ever make a "favorite song title thread" it should be first!!!).The magic song of teleportation to parallel universes of love and loss :)

Wretched will host of pleasure surreal
Closed the room where the last is buried
Rise or fall at your master's request
You're unable to accept redemption.

I don't know about the true belief here
With the lost is the same as always

ALL I WANT IS THE SAME
ALL I WANT IS >> A TRUE BELIEF

You can't wait to become a memory
With the weak it's the same as always
Stand confused lack of comprehension
Rearoused by the thoughts of madness

AND I know that the truth is always right
But it's time to search for lies !
You're the ONE i try to save
But THE BLOOD SPILLS FROM YOUR VEINS !!!

ALL I WANT IS THE SAME !!!!
ALL I WANT IS >> :yell: A TRUE belief

Call counting time till the end
Death's wicked smile never fails
The curse is cast and you've lost the past forevermore
A candle burns here no more

i dont know about the century of life
When the love of generations die
I can see no good in taking your own life
When any moment death calls

All I want is the same, all i want is a true belief !!

You MUST feel frustration
Cos your mind feels such temptation
And your ways appear a total lack of faith

You may feel elation at your body's re-creation
And the joy you need restricted by one thought
Are you forever - loss of purpose in a passive life Are you forever - pale regarded as a waste of time

High times are courageous but in truth they suit no purpose
Induced, reduced, unable and afraid

Can you feel rejection ?
And the lack of motivation
And the joy you need : restricted and delayed.

Are you forever - loss of purpose in a passive life
Are you forever- pale regarded as a waste of time.

"I don't really know what sorry means"

i take your hand
we walk towards where the roses once grew

i lie back in the grass and dream of how it once was
the rubbishstrewn streets
riperising smell of gutters and rain
the children abandoned
mother recalls child in pool
what is that that lies? deadchilddead
i have such nightmares and you're all in all of them
it's worse than you or i can ever know

on the edge of the clouds we crouch
we smile and spit
the pool of saliva carrascates below our feet
it shifts
children with knives begin to rise from it
they laugh and blow kisses at the moon

we think it's the rain
i see a bird move onto the table in my garden
its beak scoops up the seeds
the green of the grass and the blue of the sky
are immense and terrifying
everything seems so close
so very very close
should a storm come
should a storm break and halo all around us
as some savage and blind god
jerking his hands out to us
the birds drop all around us

i walk into the altar room
all the buddhas are smashed there
Avalokitesvara's hundred faces lie shattered
i have done this
i walk to the makeshift redbrick altar a hundred years ago
there is a small brass image there
i have built this
the red and black ants mill around
unknown journeys
i take my lighter and torch them
i take my lighter and torch them
i weep i weep
the ants scatter or writhe
i take my lighter and torch them torch them
i have done this
i am surrounded by butterflies
the chid's legs lay smashed
please pray for him she says to me
too late
alas oh so too late

i see the twinkling stars
i drop a photograph
i bend to pick it up
my heart leaps as i see your face
stare up at me from the paper
as if still alive on this earth
when i return my eyes to the stars
they gathered
they pucker
and are blind
and are blind

so lost are we
oh what have i become
i have become that i hate
i have become that i shall say no

the bird is dead now alas

a voice whispers to me
and says nothing nothing
there is nothing

i look to my right and see her face again
and again the world disappears

and all fall down
all fall down
all fall down i all fall down
all fall down i all fall down
we all fall down
we all fall down

(Current 93 - The frolic)

Originally posted by Eos
"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive"

(GooGoo Dolls-Iris)

A beautiful song with beautiful lyrics and a very emotional voice... any many memories :)

GOO GOO DOLLS!!!!!!!! ONE OF MY FAVE ROCK BANDS!!!!!!!!!!

Eos, you made me put this! -
Baby's black balloon makes her fly
I almost fell into that hole in your life
And you're not thinking about tomorrow
'Cause you were the same as me
But on your knees

A thousand other boys could never reach you
How could I have been the one
I saw the world spin beneath you
And scatter like ice from the spoon
That was your womb

Comin' down the world turned over
And angels fall without you there
And I go on as you get colder
Or are you someone's prayer

You know the lies they always told you
And the love you never knew
What's the things they never showed you
That swallowed the light from the sun
Inside your room

Or are you someone's prayer

And there's no time left for losin'
When you stand they fall

All because I'm
Comin' down the years turn over
And I'll go and lead you home and
All because I'm
All because I'm
And I'll become
What you became to me

(goo goo dolls - black balloon)

"...Only when tightened beyond recall
Is your necklace a blessing
Leave your pearls in the sea
You undeserved bitch
You are not worthy of such a treasure

My hand on your heart, I know there is a beating
In this oh so bleak landscape
There are many mountains
... but not so much water." (My Kingdom)

:headbang: this is the best one
"Inside...
The dark is fading away
I don't want to be alone anymore

Inside...
The light of dawn is here once more

The light...
Darkness is slipping away

Of dawn...
I don't want to be alone

Is here...
Won't you stay?

Not a word passed your lips
Just a golden kiss
As I whispered silently
"Help me through this" (Radiance)

"...Come on and twist that knife again
Well I'd like to see you fucking try
Never going back again

An answer won't come from me
Confront your own worst enemy
What does your mirror see
Is it time to face up to me?" (Re-Connect)

"When the silence beckons,
And the day draws to a close,
When the light of your life sighs,
And love dies in your eyes,
Only then will I realise,
What you mean to me. " (Inner Silence)

A morning in magenta, the petals fed from the dew. She held her breath for a moment, to pause off the stream. Still clinging to vast, old memories. And I would marvel at her beauty, playing through the rain. The coffin is beautifully engraved. Stained by soil, symbols of death. All of which are stared upon, with porcelain eyes it seems. Some spoke, and it was my turn to go. In death entwined, I could not believe. But it hangs around my neck. A soft breeze passed me by, somewhat warmer for a second. I knew it was the coming of spring, thus our April Etheral. It was me, peering through the looking-glass. Beyond the embrace of Christ. Like the secret face within the tapestry. Like a bird of prey over the crest. And she was swathed in sorrow, as if born within its mask. Her candlelight snuffed, the icon smiled. Emptiness followed by her wake. I could clasp her in undying love. Within ghostlike rapture the final word was mine. She faced me in awe. ´twas a token of ebony colour. Embodied in faint vapour. Wandering through April´s fire. Compelled to grasp and to hold the one that was you. I will endure, hide away. I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure. It is a mere destiny I thought, a threshold I had crossed before. The rain was waving goodbye, and when the night came the forest folded its branches around me. Something passed by, and I went into a dream. She laughing and weeping at once: "take me away". I don't know how or why, I´ll never know When. Red sun rising somewhere through the dense fog. The portrait of the jaded dawn who had seen it all before. This day wept on my shoulders. Still the same as yesterday. This path seems endless, body is numb. The soul has lost its flame. Walking in familiar traces to find my way back home. So there I was. Within the sobriety of the immortals. A semblance of supernatural winds passing through, The garden sighs, flowers die. The gate was closed that day, but I was bound to carry on. She could not see me through the windows. In dismay, strangest twist upon her lips. Graven face, she said my name. Once inside I heard whispers in the parlour. The gilded faces grin, aware of my final demise. And I cried, I knew she had lied. Her obsession had died, it had died. When can I take you from this place? When is the word but a sigh? When is death our lone beholder? When do we walk the final steps? When can we scream instead of whisper? When is the new beginning, the end of this sad Madrigal. Our abode ´mongst the stars is waiting, long enough for our last breath of life. You stare at nothing, right through me, at times resembling the Devil's concubine. And me, I am the idol that would long to caress our eyes until they would open no more. I would comfort you if I only could, but as we all know by now...I am just thin air. Unaware as you are of my presence, you are losing yourself. Hiding within The Amen Corner. White summer. So far I have gone to see you again. Hiding your face in the palm of your hands. Finding solace in the words I do despise. You snatch at every sound. And even though you believe that I am shackled within death, memories are tainted with paleness. Crestfallen still. Those eyes...empty like a barren well. It was the only task I would undertake. To reap the harvest that was mine. The seed that had sprung into a florid meadow, and left me helpless in your embrace. The bond we never spoke of, once stark and enticing, now slowly smoldering to dust. The celestial touch, from grey to black. A fathomless void enclosing. Unwritten secrets beneath the cobwebs. I can not endure. And so I rose from my sleep. The moon turned away its face. Overture of the long, black night begins...something you said: "Eerie circles upon the waters". Until now we have shared the same aura. My ashes within your hands. My breath in the sepulchral mound. You know that your night is my day. The final spark that blew life into me, the Demon Of The Fall. Silent dance with death. Everything is lost. Torn by the arrival of Autumn. The blink of an eye, you know it's me. You keep the dagger close at hand. And you saw nothing. False love turned to pure hate. The wind cried a lamentation before merging with the grey. Demon of the fall. Gasping for another breath. She rose, screaming at closed doors. Seductive faint mist forging through the cracks in the wall. I shant resist. In tears for all of eternity. She turned around and faced me for the first time. Run away, run away. Just one second, and I was left with nothing. Her fragrance still pulsating through damp air. That day came to an end. And she had lost in me, her Credence. Deserted again. You speak to me through the shadows. Walking in closed rooms, using cold words. Captured by the night. The yearning escapes from my embrace. Strange silhouettes whisper your thoughts, scream your sadness. And they all turned away, unable to face more of this death. Credence in my word. Written in dust, tainted by memories. I confess my hope, recognize my loneliness. Your laughter weeps the truth. Push me into corners. Confirming the epitaph of my soul and displaying the once unknown Karma. And as they say, grief is only able to possess. The rotting body clad in ancient clothes is left behind with a wave of the hand. I have gone away. The bed is cold and empty. Trees bend their boughs toward the earth. And nighttime birds float as black faces. It was the hand reaching out through the mirror. Unknown and scarred by life...the luring eyes, you had never seen. You have nothing more to find. You have nothing more to loose. The cold season drifts over the land. They huddle in the brown corners. Some would settle for less. The castles were all empty, asleep. Long awaiting their king. Beckoning round the bend. Amidst the forest one would hear that I had been there. Draped within a fate I could not change, and always welcoming Winter´s Epilouge. There it was. The final destiny. A sunrise that never came, still the night lamp that never faded away. Farewell was the word, and the afterglow was the brave morning. Rising and telling everyone about the beauty of its Prologue.

Still can't believe that I was the first one to come up with MAYH..?

The summer had inhaled and held its breath too long
The winter looked the same as though it never had gone ....

Jefferson Airplane, Coming Back to me

Originally posted by Garm
A morning in magenta, the petals fed from the dew. She held her breath for a moment, to pause off the stream. Still clinging to vast, old memories. And I would marvel at her beauty, playing through the rain. The coffin is beautifully engraved. Stained by soil, symbols of death. All of which are stared upon, with porcelain eyes it seems. Some spoke, and it was my turn to go. In death entwined, I could not believe. But it hangs around my neck. A soft breeze passed me by, somewhat warmer for a second. I knew it was the coming of spring, thus our April Etheral. It was me, peering through the looking-glass. Beyond the embrace of Christ. Like the secret face within the tapestry. Like a bird of prey over the crest. And she was swathed in sorrow, as if born within its mask. Her candlelight snuffed, the icon smiled. Emptiness followed by her wake. I could clasp her in undying love. Within ghostlike rapture the final word was mine. She faced me in awe. ´twas a token of ebony colour. Embodied in faint vapour. Wandering through April´s fire. Compelled to grasp and to hold the one that was you. I will endure, hide away. I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure. It is a mere destiny I thought, a threshold I had crossed before. The rain was waving goodbye, and when the night came the forest folded its branches around me. Something passed by, and I went into a dream. She laughing and weeping at once: "take me away". I don't know how or why, I´ll never know When. Red sun rising somewhere through the dense fog. The portrait of the jaded dawn who had seen it all before. This day wept on my shoulders. Still the same as yesterday. This path seems endless, body is numb. The soul has lost its flame. Walking in familiar traces to find my way back home. So there I was. Within the sobriety of the immortals. A semblance of supernatural winds passing through, The garden sighs, flowers die. The gate was closed that day, but I was bound to carry on. She could not see me through the windows. In dismay, strangest twist upon her lips. Graven face, she said my name. Once inside I heard whispers in the parlour. The gilded faces grin, aware of my final demise. And I cried, I knew she had lied. Her obsession had died, it had died. When can I take you from this place? When is the word but a sigh? When is death our lone beholder? When do we walk the final steps? When can we scream instead of whisper? When is the new beginning, the end of this sad Madrigal. Our abode ´mongst the stars is waiting, long enough for our last breath of life. You stare at nothing, right through me, at times resembling the Devil's concubine. And me, I am the idol that would long to caress our eyes until they would open no more. I would comfort you if I only could, but as we all know by now...I am just thin air. Unaware as you are of my presence, you are losing yourself. Hiding within The Amen Corner. White summer. So far I have gone to see you again. Hiding your face in the palm of your hands. Finding solace in the words I do despise. You snatch at every sound. And even though you believe that I am shackled within death, memories are tainted with paleness. Crestfallen still. Those eyes...empty like a barren well. It was the only task I would undertake. To reap the harvest that was mine. The seed that had sprung into a florid meadow, and left me helpless in your embrace. The bond we never spoke of, once stark and enticing, now slowly smoldering to dust. The celestial touch, from grey to black. A fathomless void enclosing. Unwritten secrets beneath the cobwebs. I can not endure. And so I rose from my sleep. The moon turned away its face. Overture of the long, black night begins...something you said: "Eerie circles upon the waters". Until now we have shared the same aura. My ashes within your hands. My breath in the sepulchral mound. You know that your night is my day. The final spark that blew life into me, the Demon Of The Fall. Silent dance with death. Everything is lost. Torn by the arrival of Autumn. The blink of an eye, you know it's me. You keep the dagger close at hand. And you saw nothing. False love turned to pure hate. The wind cried a lamentation before merging with the grey. Demon of the fall. Gasping for another breath. She rose, screaming at closed doors. Seductive faint mist forging through the cracks in the wall. I shant resist. In tears for all of eternity. She turned around and faced me for the first time. Run away, run away. Just one second, and I was left with nothing. Her fragrance still pulsating through damp air. That day came to an end. And she had lost in me, her Credence. Deserted again. You speak to me through the shadows. Walking in closed rooms, using cold words. Captured by the night. The yearning escapes from my embrace. Strange silhouettes whisper your thoughts, scream your sadness. And they all turned away, unable to face more of this death. Credence in my word. Written in dust, tainted by memories. I confess my hope, recognize my loneliness. Your laughter weeps the truth. Push me into corners. Confirming the epitaph of my soul and displaying the once unknown Karma. And as they say, grief is only able to possess. The rotting body clad in ancient clothes is left behind with a wave of the hand. I have gone away. The bed is cold and empty. Trees bend their boughs toward the earth. And nighttime birds float as black faces. It was the hand reaching out through the mirror. Unknown and scarred by life...the luring eyes, you had never seen. You have nothing more to find. You have nothing more to loose. The cold season drifts over the land. They huddle in the brown corners. Some would settle for less. The castles were all empty, asleep. Long awaiting their king. Beckoning round the bend. Amidst the forest one would hear that I had been there. Draped within a fate I could not change, and always welcoming Winter´s Epilouge. There it was. The final destiny. A sunrise that never came, still the night lamp that never faded away. Farewell was the word, and the afterglow was the brave morning. Rising and telling everyone about the beauty of its Prologue.

Still can't believe that I was the first one to come up with MAYH..?

look at my sig!

Garm don’t expect me to accept any gifts from you..Just give me your mind and the credits to that blindness..and the kiss..still..and your watch..:p

As for my favourite 'lyrics'..

When I was a little junkie I used to play with my bones
Now I’ve lost them all, I only have this muddy grave
And a spring…
I’m so happy I’m so lucky,
I’m so lucky it makes me happy…

C’mon, c’mon have some more of that tart
C’mon you can make a tart just like that..

Lions in the street and roaming
Dogs in heat, rabid, foaming
A beast caged in the heart of a city
The body of his mother
Rotting in the summer ground
He fled the town

He went down South and crossed the border
Left the chaos and disorder
Back there over his shoulder

One morning he awoke in a green hotel
With a strange creature groaning beside him
Sweat oozed from its shiny skin