Favourite Nile album?

In Their Darkened Shrines. It doesn't have as much filler as Catacombs, and all the riffs are clear, and never drowned out by blast beats. The Blessed Dead and Unas Slayer Of Gods are my favorite songs. I also like BSOV a lot.

Life Sucks said:
all the riffs are clear, and never drowned out by blast beats.

I feel that it is not only my right, but my duty to protest this blasphemy. The production on Shrines is muddier than an Alabama shitpie; I don't think it's a matter of the guitars being drowned by the drums (although they are quite dramatic), rather that the guitars are so farking downtuned and the mix so bad that the whole thing is like a grindcore fuzzy mcbuzz. I sure as hell can't hear much of anything except drums and bzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh, nevermind riffs. Did Nile actually use any riffs on Shrines? I have my doubts.

Tis Black Seeds of Vengeance for meh.

SculptedCold said:
I feel that it is not only my right, but my duty to protest this blasphemy. The production on Shrines is muddier than an Alabama shitpie; I don't think it's a matter of the guitars being drowned by the drums (although they are quite dramatic), rather that the guitars are so farking downtuned and the mix so bad that the whole thing is like a grindcore fuzzy mcbuzz. I sure as hell can't hear much of anything except drums and bzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh, nevermind riffs. Did Nile actually use any riffs on Shrines? I have my doubts.

I think that Catacombs is much muddier sounding.

Although I like Shrines better than Catacombs, I fear that I must continue to disagree with you. I'm sorry.
crap.gif

Yeah, I think Shrines is overrated too. I'm not saying it's bad; it's fantastic, but it is a bit over-tooted. I wouldn't quite give it all the unanimous 10/10's, 5/5's and triple 6's it gets.

SculptedCold said:

For once, I will have to agree with you on this. The production on In Their... was quite shocking, but the songs are nothing short of extrordinary. So my vote still go's with In Their Darkened Shrines, with Catacombs... coming a close second.

leper iffinity said:
and so you should be....

My favourite Nile album is easily 'Black Seeds Of Vengeance'...

Since I know you're a big Decapitated fan, I was wondering if you knew how old they were when they recorded "Winds of Creation"...I've heard they were 16-17....is this true ?