Should I pick up the new Nile or go for one of their older albums?

Which should I get?

• In Their Darkened Shrines!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Black Seeds of Vengeance!

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Amongst the Catacombs of Nephrin-ka!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • None. Nile suck. Why are you listening to that crap?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Schraiber

Opeth fanboy
Feb 5, 2002
Hell
I've heard a few songs from them, and obviously their newest one would be the easiest to access (The End has it), but I'm not too sure if I should get it over their older stuff. I have heard Unas, Slayer of the Gods, and REALLY enjoy it, so if the rest of the album is similar... I think I'd go for that, unless someone highly recommends Catacombs or Black Seeds over it..

Doesn't matter. It will be hard for people to say In Their Darkened Shrines is better than Black Seeds, but I haven't heard it yet, so I don't have a good opinion for you. Nile doesn't make bad music, so just get any of the albums and enjoy.

I voted for Black Seeds.... That album is grat stuff. Haven't heard the new though. Just get all three albums.

Oh, and don't listen to the naysayers, they just can't handle the brutal stuff.

I picked up "In Their Darkened Shrines" on Tuesday August 20th when it came out and I have to say it's brutal as hell. I really haven't listend to much Nile in the past, but from all the buzz surrounding the album I felt that I had to check it out. I was not dissapointed, Tony's drumming skills (double-bass and cymbal work especially) are absolutely crazy! It might take you a few listens to get the whole feel for the album, but in the end you'll enjoy it. The CD also come with a very informative and interesting descriptions of the songs. Hope you enjoy it.:headbang:

I voted for Amongst the Catacombs of Nephrin-ka! . That was my first experience with the band and I realized they were something worth getting into . I also picked it for their use of weird instruments. Human skulls and shin bone flutes. lol . Pretty cool cd that is. I am definitely picking up the new one when I get the chance.

JAH

I voted for the new one. I've got it, and it's the next step from where Black Seeds left off. Sheer brutality from start to finish. I didn't think it would be possible to top Black Seeds of Vengeance in terms of innovation and brutality, but somehow they did. These guys truly have inherited Morbid Angel's throne (not to say that MA doesn't own, they do).

i picked it up today after waiting 3 days for the cd shop to get its shit together. it kicks ass.

UNAS, SLAYER OF THE GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS!!! that ong is fuckin brutal. nothin like an epic death metal song
~gR~

WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!!!

I've been EVERYWHERE! 2 Rasputins, 2 towers, 2 best buys, Streetlight...

Most of them didn't even order a copy...

Originally posted by xenophobe
WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!!!

I've been EVERYWHERE! 2 Rasputins, 2 towers, 2 best buys, Streetlight...

Most of them didn't even order a copy...

Xenophobe, and you live in San Francisco, no? Or at least near it. That's shocking to me. I found plenty of copies at a local regional chain the day it came out. Hmmph. You could of course just order it from The End for $12 w/ no s/h. That's actually cheaper than you'd pay in the stores anyway...

So far I've been to NINE, 9, count nine different places, 2 tower records, 2 Rasputins, Streetlight Records, 2 Best Buys, Barnes and Noble and another place and called a half dozen places and it's nowhere to be found...

Only ONE of those Towers and Rasputins had ordered ANY, and each only ordered 1.

I tell you, that sucks... You'd think there'd be a few copies in the Bay Area... sheesh... Just my luck.

The End, huh? I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Originally posted by xenophobe
So far I've been to NINE, 9, count nine different places, 2 tower records, 2 Rasputins, Streetlight Records, 2 Best Buys, Barnes and Noble and another place and called a half dozen places and it's nowhere to be found...

Only ONE of those Towers and Rasputins had ordered ANY, and each only ordered 1.

I tell you, that sucks... You'd think there'd be a few copies in the Bay Area... sheesh... Just my luck.

The End, huh? I'll have to check that out, thanks!

I'm just amazed that people still go to Tower Records etc to find "underground" music - they don't need your business since they have enough Britney fans to tide them over.

The End Records ships for free dude! And it takes 2 days for the CDs to arrive, and you live up the road from them!

By the way, I'm not a big brutal death metal fan, but I have to say that I am blown away by the ferocity and darkness of NILE. My vote goes to Black Seeds of Vengence because it is mind blowing. I have the new one - but I aint heard it yet.

And it owns me. I can't get enough of it. I definitely made a good purchase. But for some reason it's given me a compulsion to listen to punk =P Oh well.

Originally posted by JayKeeley

I'm just amazed that people still go to Tower Records etc to find "underground" music - they don't need your business since they have enough Britney fans to tide them over.

The End Records ships for free dude! And it takes 2 days for the CDs to arrive, and you live up the road from them!

By the way, I'm not a big brutal death metal fan, but I have to say that I am blown away by the ferocity and darkness of NILE. My vote goes to Black Seeds of Vengence because it is mind blowing. I have the new one - but I aint heard it yet.

Yeah, well Tower Records is only for the late night "gotta have something in my hands to new to listen to tonight"...

Usually I just go to Rasputins, cause their prices are good, but I placed my first order with The End on Sunday night... so we'll see how that works out.

I had to pay PayPal, and they're not completely set up for it, so I'm worried I may not get my stuff so soon.