Should it Stay or Should it Go?

onemanstandsthrax11

Married with Children
Nov 20, 2003
In light of the current situation, I have been quietly reading the posts about the seperation between Frank and Anthrax. Now that he is no longer a current member, it leaves only two original Anthrax members, who are the heart and soul of 'Thrax anyways. Now that Joey is filling in, it makes a 50/50 mix, as I read in another post somewhere. Is it time to let the Anthrax name go? Is it time to form a so called supergroup" mking Joey, or some other bass player who is availible a member.

I would hate to see Anthrax go just as much as anybody, but wouldn't it be nice to see them go out on top with a great album, the release of a live Dvd, which will probably be one of the greatest live concert Dvd's out there, and then a release of their old stuff with John singing, doing it just for the fans? I think the time is now to retire the Anthrax name, move on to maybe get something out to a commercial sucess. Has anybody ever wondered if their name caused them to be held back from commercial sucess some? I know it should not matter, but as much as Charlie and Scott seem to want that sucess, maybe they should take this chance to form something different.

We have seen it with Pantera, and Rage to name a few, and maybe it is Anthrax's time. Should it Stay or Should it Go? Would a rose by any other name still smell so sweet? I think so. I vote for the reforming of the band, name and all, the only ? mark being the bass player, cuz I think they have a great line-up. I just do not think they should continue on with the Anthrax name.

All comments welcome...................

i thought scott was the only member from right from the start. charlie joined a bit later didn't he?

names are weird cos guns n roses are still going but it's only axl. suicidal tendencies only have mike muir as original member. iron maiden only have steve harris (and i think dave murray was an original member too).

What are Joey, Frank and Dan gonna call thier new band? How about Steven Adler or Tommy Lee to drum for them?

:loco:

MichiMikey said:
What are Joey, Frank and Dan gonna call thier new band? How about Steven Adler or Tommy Lee to drum for them?

:loco:
Adler or Tommy couldn't keep up on the double bass parts. Although Tommy is good.

oh I forgot Dan Lilker was there b4 Frank.

I agree w/ this point so much that I wish I'd have come up w/ this thread idea....lol
It's time to continue making music - but as another incarnation. PPl - you know it's just plain silly to continue w/out most of the original line up unless your name is Mustaine! It dosent mean the END of anthrax if they do...look at Damageplan, they belt out Pantera faves as encores...their place in MUSIC history is well documented and deserved. Let's just move on and see what happens...

But bands like Damageplan and Audioslave have major record labels helping to promote them and get them airplay etc. Anthrax does not have that luxury.

I am afraid that if Anthrax changes their name they will sell even less than they are now, which is a shame.