Anthrax should follow Metallica's lead

ThinkAboutYourEnd

Perpetually In A Zone
Jun 13, 2003
San Antonio
Visit site
I saw Metallica's performance on the Summer Sanitarium this past Saturday(they were amazing) and I noticed that they didn't play any covers, as they have done in the past. I think Anthrax should follow this pattern and just play all original material live, they have more than a large enough catalog of songs. This would make for a kickass set, whether old or new stuff, and I think they would really benefit from it.

Keith Would said:
I agree, especially adding Number of the Beast, it's a fine song and a fine version, but that makes FOUR covers. More original stuff please.

Troublegum rules!!!too bad there later albums didn't live up to that standard!!Have you heard the new one??

Sounds like a damn fine idea.

BTW - How the hell is 4 Horsemen pretty much a cover ??

Am I Evil is a cover, you are correct, but they didn't play it, Metallica has lots of good covers, like Breadfan, Turn The Page, etc., but I prefer it when they play original stuff, and it would rock if Anthrax did the same, they could probably add 3 or 4 "new" songs to their setlist.

I read on a recent interview with Scott that Antisocial and Got The Time won't be going anywhere anytime soon. They have 20 years of material to choose from, they shouldn't have covers in the set as part of the "set" itself. Maybe as an encore, but not as a regular set tune.

Keith Would said:
I agree, especially adding Number of the Beast, it's a fine song and a fine version, but that makes FOUR covers. More original stuff please.

are you sure this is called number of the beast, not belly of the beast? Went checking for a bit, couldn't find that iron maiden cover

anyway, read this everyone for a laugh! christian groups seem to dislike anthrax
http://associate.com/ministry_files/The_Reading_Room/Christian_Ethics_n_Issues_2/Rock_Bands_And_The_Meanings_Of.shtml

Anthraxfan said:
are you sure this is called number of the beast, not belly of the beast? Went checking for a bit, couldn't find that iron maiden cover

anyway, read this everyone for a laugh! christian groups seem to dislike anthrax
http://associate.com/ministry_files/The_Reading_Room/Christian_Ethics_n_Issues_2/Rock_Bands_And_The_Meanings_Of.shtml

They have covered "Number of the Beast" numerous times live. I have a recording of it from 1998, but they have played it recently too.

i am pretty sure the four horsemen and a song from megadeths killing is my business album have the same riff(the song is called mechanix i think??)

and yes anthrax have too many fine tunes for covers to get in the way off things.

songs like hypro glo,in a zone,in my world raNDOM ACTS SHOULD BE IN HEAVY ROTATION!!!

The Four Horsemen was written by Metallica including Mustaine when he was in the band - so he took it also and used the same basically (minus the slow middle section + lead), calling it Mechanix.

Actually, Metallica (including Dave Mustaine) wrote a song called Mechanix. Dave Mustaine was the major write of that song, when he was booted out, Metallica changed the name of the song, changed the lyrics, slowed it down, and it became the "Four Horseman." If you look in your booklets, you can see which songs Mustaine wrote with Metallica. A couple songs on Ride The Lightning, and a few more on Kill 'Em All...I've always liked Megadeth more than Metallica, despite Metallica being the metal band that got me into listening to metal.