Anthrax should follow Metallica's lead

Anthraxfan said:
are you sure this is called number of the beast, not belly of the beast? Went checking for a bit, couldn't find that iron maiden cover

anyway, read this everyone for a laugh! christian groups seem to dislike anthrax
http://associate.com/ministry_files/The_Reading_Room/Christian_Ethics_n_Issues_2/Rock_Bands_And_The_Meanings_Of.shtml

Did any of you read most of this page?

METALLICA: They play songs about "CREEPING DEATH as concert fans chant, "DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Creeping Death was written in reference to the bible, the plagues to Egypt.

Anthrax also seems to metaphorically mandate vengeful murder in a spiteful song called, "MISERY LOVES COMPANY," which ends with the line "I'LL KILL YOU".

Uh, it's a song inspired by a book, by Stephen King...hmmm...these people do great research...

Anthraxfan said:
are you sure this is called number of the beast, not belly of the beast? Went checking for a bit, couldn't find that iron maiden cover

anyway, read this everyone for a laugh! christian groups seem to dislike anthrax
http://associate.com/ministry_files/The_Reading_Room/Christian_Ethics_n_Issues_2/Rock_Bands_And_The_Meanings_Of.shtml

Thanks for the link. I figured some of my favorite bands would be on there. That was both scary and very funny!!! People sometimes hear what they want to hear. Too bad for them.

Riehlthing said:

METALLICA: They play songs about "CREEPING DEATH as concert fans chant, "DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Anthrax also seems to metaphorically mandate vengeful murder in a spiteful song called, "MISERY LOVES COMPANY," which ends with the line "I'LL KILL YOU".

Uh, it's a song inspired by a book, by Stephen King...hmmm...these people do great research...

What do you expect from a fanatic christian? I don't understand these people.

dutchy said:
Troublegum rules!!!too bad there later albums didn't live up to that standard!!Have you heard the new one??

It's hard to live up to a masterpiece like that. I haven't heard the latest, last I heard/ bought was Semi-Detached. There's always been things I thought would be better to spend my money on since, even though every review says "a return to form, the best since Troublegum" when they never really are.
Also I've seen Therapy? live about 6 times but not for a few years, they seem to have given up touring over here which is a damn shame.

Riehlthing said:
Actually, Metallica (including Dave Mustaine) wrote a song called Mechanix. Dave Mustaine was the major write of that song, when he was booted out, Metallica changed the name of the song, changed the lyrics, slowed it down, and it became the "Four Horseman." If you look in your booklets, you can see which songs Mustaine wrote with Metallica. A couple songs on Ride The Lightning, and a few more on Kill 'Em All...I've always liked Megadeth more than Metallica, despite Metallica being the metal band that got me into listening to metal.

Dave wrote ALL of "Mechanix." But you are correct on the rest (including the fact that "Four Horsemen" came after Dave left).

Riehlthing said:

lol, i read it.. what a bunch of bs.
ive seen things and reports like that before, with a bunch of religious freaks making mindless rantings about how heavy metal is evil and what not

i wonder how theyd react if i replied with "ur all wrong, slayer IS god"

:p

Th|s|sNotAnEx|t said:
lol, i read it.. what a bunch of bs.
ive seen things and reports like that before, with a bunch of religious freaks making mindless rantings about how heavy metal is evil and what not

i wonder how theyd react if i replied with "ur all wrong, slayer IS god"

:p
Like it was said before , most of those people take things out of context. They don't care to understand why the song was written or what it means. They assume everything in the song is being condoned, etc. What can you do, these same people are brainwashing their children everyday and not giving them a choice as to what they believe in for themselves. They don't want the kids to question them or anything about their existence. Their "truth" is the only "truth" I feel bad for people like that. i respect religious people who like to live and die by their own codes, but i don't want them pushing their specific beliefs on me. A friend did that to me. Told me I wasn't going to heaven and told me how to raise my son. We're not friends anymore. I left him in Gatorland in the swamp. :D Just kidding.

I would love to see you post Slayer is God and see the reaction. They might show up at your house though and try to cleanse the devil out of you!

Is there a band you never did any shit onstage with? When I saw my favourite band from your country for the first time live in Prague, there was a guy who jumped onstage and gave my favourite singer a kiss. I envied him so much, I wish I'd been that corageous!

:lol: I say hi :lol:
Urban Dance Squad were supposed to play in Prague back in their heyday, when I was still at high school. But they sold six fucking tickets so the show was cancelled, which was a pity.