Favourite Still Life Track

What's your favourite track off Still Life?

• The Moor

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Godhead's Lament

Votes: 42 28.0%
  • Benighted

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Moonlapse Vertigo

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Face Of Melinda

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Serenity Painted Death

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • White Cluster

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theonecynic

Megapeth Fan
Sep 8, 2005
Sorry it's late, got snowed under with collegeyness. You all know the blurb now:

I figured that, although the Favourite Song thread is quite interesting and/or fun, it's too hard to pick a favourite Opeth song out of the whole bunch. So I figured it might be interesting to poll each album, and then do a poll of the winners for each album to find the ultimate Opeth song. Give it a go!

There will be one poll a week each Monday (ahem!), with all the album polls staying open until the final poll of polls, so that anyone who joins the forum between now and then may vote on any album. Happy voting!

You can find the poll for your favourite Orchid track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Morningrise track here
You can find the poll for your favourite My Arms, Your Hearse track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Blackwater Park track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Deliverance track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Damnation track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Ghost Reveries track here

Every song is great. In the end it was a toss-up between SPD and White Cluster, but I went with SPD. Beautiful melodies, brutal riffing, some jazz and some death metal-rapping \o/

:headbang: The Moor. Pure epic beauty! But dammit, Godhead's Lament is TOO damn close. In the end, it's pretty much a toss up between the two. GOD I love this album, because really, ANY track can easily be the best of this album.

THIS here is Opeth's masterpiece. If you have been an opeth fan or ARE an Opeth fan and DO NOT own this album, you're missing out. It's hard to describe the feeling I get whenever I pop this cd in the music player - this feeling is unrivalled by anything else. Beau-ti-ful!

Alcapoth said:
THIS here is Opeth's masterpiece. If you have been an opeth fan or ARE an Opeth fan and DO NOT own this album, you're missing out. It's hard to describe the feeling I get whenever I pop this cd in the music player - this feeling is unrivalled by anything else. Beau-ti-ful!

Also, it's cheaper.

For me it was a toss-up between Godhead's Lament and White Cluster, although as others have said, it could have gone to any of the tracks. Personally I don't like the chorus to SPD though (the rest of it's great!).

It's so hard to choose from this album, but it was between SPD, and white cluster.

and I chose white cluster.
(surprised it only has 2 votes)