Favourite Underworld Tracks

What are your favourite Underworld tracks? (pick three, no more, no less)

• Total voters
Nevermore and Legend are the two best songs on the album, but I didn't vote yet 'cause I can't decide which one to pick as the third one. I know it won't be Swansong, though, that's my least favourite. I mean, I'm glad it's there because it serves a purpose on the album, but the chorus especially just does not work for me.

A long time ago I auditioned for a band where the drummer played 16th note bass 95% of the time. Needless to say, I didn't join. When you use constant double bass that often, it loses its effect, not to mention hinders other instruments' (e.g. bass) ability to play something interesting. This is why I find most power metal borderline unlistenable; something more creative can ALWAYS be done. Listen to Rullo's playing on Kiss of Fire; now THAT is interesting drumming.

I long time ago I auditioned for a band where the drummer played 16th note bass 95% of the time. Needless to say, I didn't join. When you use constant double bass that often, it loses its effect, not to mention hinders other instruments (e.g. bass) ability to play something interesting. This is why I find most power metal borderline unlistenable; something more creative can ALWAYS be done. Listen to Rullo plays on Kiss of Fire; now THAT is interesting drumming.

Haha, good post!

I like his bass drum work on Bird-Serpent - 0:27.

Oh his drumming thoughout V is incredible. Then again, that's arguably their most musically interesting album.

Oh, definitely on both counts.
Rullo really slayed it on that album. Took a break (Twilight) and came back with a vengeance!

V is up there with the likes of Porcupine Tree (Gavin era) and Leprous (post Poppy albums), and maybe Adagio's Underworld for some of the best in recent prog drumming!

Are those all death/black metal and/or grindcore bands? My gut tells me yes based on the names.

They're all progressive death or progressive thrash bands, depending on which album by them you're talking about. Are you judging them based solely on their subgenre?

You've seriously never heard of Death, ya know, the band Death Metal is named after? Vektor? The popular sci-fi tech thrash band?

All of those logos are perfectly legible btw.