Favourite Vintersorg Song

Varganatt

Nordanvinden
Dec 6, 2001
Midgård
Visit site
It's already been done, I know. I simply don't care... or maybe I do, can't really decide... somehow this is my first post, I've been here for awhile... anyway, back to the subject.

I wonder wich Vintersorg Song you have closest to your heart. And that includes his side projects.
My favourite is För Kung och Fosterland, mainly because, well, it was the first one I heard. Simple as that, I'm sure that all of you have more romantic, or tragic if you like, reasons.
So, let's hear it!

Tag er i akt främling, det råda varganatt.

Maybe "Till Fjälls".... It was the first one :eek:)

Fave by Otyg --> "Trollslottet" :eek:)

But these fav's changes every time I listen to
Vintersorg, cause whenever a new song
comes on I'm like "Oh, yes!! This is the one!
This is the best one there is!" Three minutes
later another song comes on, and on it goes >:eek:P

vildmarkens fortrollande stammor
the first I felt in love with, and still the one I most love!
I learned the lyrics by hear and ppl here think I'm nuts :)

I agree with blackspirit; it change whenever a new song is played. I love "Till Fjälls". That's the firs song I heard, to. But then there's "Isjungfrun"; I always come back to that one song. It's beautiful, and it reminds me of white-clad mountains - the part of nature that's always in my heart and my mind...

For me, it has been Till Fjälls. Especially after seeing Vintersorg on tour in the fall 2001 in Europe. I can still hear the crowd's reaction to the first notes of the song in my head each time the song starts.........

I had not liked anything off of Cosmic Genesis until after this tour. Then I had opened my mind further, and have fallen in love more and more with Vintersorg.

I have to admit, however, I prefer when he sings in Swedish over English. It isn't that his English isn't good (it is), rather, it is that the Swedish is so melodic, executed so well. And, to me, damned sexy ;)

If I am to chose ONE song, that´d be Hednaorden I love that song, really great!

Well, IF I am to chose more then one...(which I am, who can stop me? :D )

*Hednaorden
*Till Fjälls
*Naturens Galleri
*Ödemarkens Son
*Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel
*Asatider
*Astral And Arcane (my first Vintersorg song)
*När Alver Sina Runor Sjungit
*Fångad Utav Nordens Själ
*Månskensmän
*Ödemarkens Son

Yeah, my faves (right now anyway...:) )

-phyros

My definitive favorite is definitly Norrland, just the range of emotions in the song, its almost overwhelming. Starts off nice and majestically with that accoustic intro, so fuckin beautiful. Than WHAM! In comes that blazing guitar and Vintersorgs godly voice, not to mention all the little calm interludes. Great damn song.

Notable mention:

The Enigmatic Spirit
Till Fjalls
Urberget. Aldst Av Troner
Isjungfrun
Manskensman
Pa Landet
Astral and Arcane
Dialouge with the Stars (a godly chorus, i love it)

many many more but ill cut it short here.