Vintersopeth?

Doomtroll

Cinnamon and Sodomy
Jan 7, 2007
the internet
doomentia.wordpress.com
Just been listening to Opeth's new album. I noticed on the track "Porcelain Heart" at around 04:56 there was a melody I was incredibly familiar with, and I mean... really familiar with. I found myself singing lyrics over it and then it finally struck me that the melody I was hearing was from Svaltvinter.

Maybe I'm being paranoid. Or maybe the melody used is actually something Vintersorg took from something else (Like Hall of the mountain king used on För Kung Och Fosterland) But I'm really confused. Can anyone else hear the similarities or am I just being stupid?

yes she probably downloaded the album, cause the street date is June 2nd (in Europe)

I haven't heard it yet, Isjungfrun, but the similarity is probably just a coincidence :)

Yeah it was leaked, you know me I always like to check this stuff out.

I know it's only a coincidence. Then again listening to the entire album there's so many melodies and riffs blatantly taken from older prog bands. Doesn't matter really, it was just odd to hear. :C

I will download the new Opeth just to see if what you say is true. Then I will delete it as quickly as possible. The most overrated boring band ever.:zzz:
*crouches for incoming projectiles and hate-mails*

EDIT:
I just listened to it and....well, it's actually quite similar but much more boring here (as usual when it comes to Opeth) and you just keep waiting for something to happen - but it never does (as usual when it comes to Opeth).
Now this crap is off my cpu for good, but you really gave me a good reason to listen to "Svältvinter".

True. The new Opeth album just made me want to listen through Vintersorg again. Don't worry, I don't plan on keeping the album either, I don't like it so I'll delete it and just not buy the album, only wanted to know what it's like.

I also heard the new album recently and it's mediocre at best. I used to realy like Opeth, but their last couple of albums have all been disappointments.

For a second I thought this was going to be a thread with someone suggesting Vintersorg do an album with Opeth.
Thank fuck I was wrong!:lol:

Rivfadír;7204359 said:
I'm fighting the temptation of downloading AngL. I'm not gonna listen to it until I buy it.

I was the same, but temptation got the better of me because I know I won't be able to get it on the day of release (unless it's in HMV or Zavvi) and I just couldn't wait any longer. Now I really really really want to buy it.

godammit why did I have to check this topic again, only to find out angL is out there, up for grabs with a few cimple clicks!!!! :cry:

I pre-ordered it a few days ago, I should be getting it as soon as it's out, on May 23th, so I'm gonna hear it sooner or later anyway.

I also heard the new album recently and it's mediocre at best. I used to realy like Opeth, but their last couple of albums have all been disappointments.

Totally true!

I downloaded the album to see that and sounds like a rip-off!!!... well, Opeth is known for rip riffs from another bands ex: the moor, atonement, etx.

MAYH and SL were good albums, but WS... a piece of shit, nothing more.

I'm not a Opeth-hater but really it's an awful and mediocre album, it doesn't deserves to be bought for anyone...