Putting the V longsleeve to good use

Somber Soul

Oct 12, 2001
Since I'm going to start some university courses in "Skandinavistik" (Nordic Philology) very soon, I thought I'd go to the first Swedish class with a Vintersorg "Till Fjälls - For Kung Och Fosterland" longsleeve. ;) I especially ordered the longsleeve for this occasion (and because I dig it, too, of course).

Yeah, great idea hehe, that shirt is great :) Got some hooded sweater from Vintersorg, I like those artwork :) :)

Trying to make a good first impression, hu? :) Hehe, where are you studying anyway... since it's Scandinavistic... is it in Germany? Then it must be somewhere along the coast , only heard of universities there offering that course... Greifswald is a great choice for Scandinavistic I heard?!

Nope, it's at Vienna University. And here, "Skandinavistik" is its own course of study, i.e. complete 5 years with a degree. But for starters, I'm just going to the language classes. If I have time, I might do literature & linguistics & cultural lectures some day.

If you're interested...http://www.univie.ac.at/skandinavistik/

:) Good luck on your studies, and have fun. :)

Your courses sound very interesting. :)

NP: David Gray--Late Night Radio

Originally posted by The Nomad
Mousewings!!!! Long time no see!

Just dropping by, or will you stay a while?

(Oh, and your avatar reminds me of Brain from Pinky and the Brain).
:) Whoa, you actually noticed I was gone. :) :)

:) I'm probably just dropping by (very little time to post here as I have school), but I may stay a while... it depends and I'll see... :)

BTW my avatar is a Korbat (a Neopet). :)

Does anyone know how to order a Vintersorg shirt of Napalm Records in U.S. currency? Using a credit card? It really doesnt say how on their site.:confused: .....and Century Media U.S. doesn't have any Borknagar shirts...UHG!....we need to get some good shirts over here!:D

Good luck with your studies Somber Soul!!!
I'm glad you've found something you want to do,
and something you seem really excited about! :eek:)
This is what I want as well, I just need to find my
'thing'!

Tell us if there are any people reacting to your
goodlooking longsleeve then! We want UPDATES! >:eek:)

And mousewings! Long time, no see! Great of you
to drop by every once in a while, at least we know
you're alive and kicking >;o)

good luck Somber Soul!!! and i hope you'll have this longsleeve when you'll get your diploma ;)

Thanks everyone! Should I take pictures from the first lesson then? :lol: I will keep you updated of how everything works out. Doubt it not. And I will be pesky and ask questions about Scandinavia, too. ;)

Oh, just to make it clear: I'm only doing this for fun. I'm not going in for a diploma. I already have one almost completed course of study (6 years; English and German). So I won't make a profession out of Scandinavistik or anything. And I will only do it as long as I have time. Maybe for a year or two, who knows. It's something I'm doing entirely for my own fun and interest. No loss but a lot of gain. :)

Originally posted by FailingAcension
Does anyone know how to order a Vintersorg shirt of Napalm Records in U.S. currency? Using a credit card? It really doesnt say how on their site.:confused: .....and Century Media U.S. doesn't have any Borknagar shirts...UHG!....we need to get some good shirts over here!:D

From Napalm's site...

TERMS OF DELIVERY FOR ALL OTHER COUNTRIES:

Only Payment in advance possible (Cash in a registered letter, I.M.O. or Creditcard)
No C.O.D. (Cash On Delivery) possible
AIRMAIL:

EUR 43,60 => Postagecosts: EUR 6,91

until an amount of EUR 72,68 => Postagecosts: EUR 10,18

over an amount of EUR 72,68 => Postagecosts: EUR 18,90

When paying with cash, please be sure to use the CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE in your calculations! We only accept EUROS and US DOLLARS.

If you order for EUR 145,35 you will get a present of our choice!

If you order for EUR 218,02 (and have a delivery amount of EUR 181,68) you will get a present of your OWN CHOICE until an amount of EUR 20,35!

If you order for EUR 290,69 (and have a delivery amount of EUR 247,09) you will get a present of your OWN CHOICE until an amount of EUR 25,44 and a present of our choice!!!

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS UND DINERSCLUB
WE DON'T ACCEPT CHEQUES!!!
WE ONLY ACCEPT ORDERS OVER: EUR 14,54
Orders under this amount will not be carried out!

IMPORTANT TERMS WHICH COUNTS FOR ALL COUNTRIES

Don't forget alternative titels and article numbers; very important!!!
Damaged goods can't be changed, except it was our mistake!
The stuff leaves our house in a top condition, therefore we can't take any responsibility for reasons which are out of our control.
Changes due to a matter of taste is not possible!

IF YOU PAY WITH CASH IN ADVANCE WE ONLY ACCEPT EURO AND US DOLLARS!!!!!
Please be sure to use the CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE in your calculations!

There's a currency converter in the shop, too.

somber: must be quite a great interest you have since at least swedish (not sure about the other nordic-languages) is said to be one of the most difficult languages there are :)
hard to tell since i'm born with it, but so i've heard.
good luck to you anyway :)

Originally posted by Blackspirit

And mousewings! Long time, no see! Great of you
to drop by every once in a while, at least we know
you're alive and kicking >;o)
:) Yes, I'm still alive. I have been on the board, but haven't had much time to post lots. :)

Originally posted by Somber Soul
Nope, it's at Vienna University. And here, "Skandinavistik" is its own course of study, i.e. complete 5 years with a degree. But for starters, I'm just going to the language classes. If I have time, I might do literature & linguistics & cultural lectures some day.

If you're interested...http://www.univie.ac.at/skandinavistik/

Shit shit shit, i always knew it would have been better to study in Vienna! In Graz, they don´t even think about one single course in swedish! But we have different possibilities: feminalism, for example!

:mad: :( :cry: