Question to Mr V

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
This has probably been asked many times but here we go. Why on 'For Kung Och Fosterland' did you decided to play the 'mountain king...' part in the middle. It sounds really cool. But I was wondering if it has a connection with the lyrics or anything?

FUBAR said:
This has probably been asked many times but here we go. Why on 'For Kung Och Fosterland' did you decided to play the 'mountain king...' part in the middle. It sounds really cool. But I was wondering if it has a connection with the lyrics or anything?

I've always liked when bands use "classical" melodies in music..you know I was a great Yngwie J Malmsteen fan when I was young...so I thought it just fitted there perfectly..it's not releated lyricwise.
mr V

Vintersorg said:
I've always liked when bands use "classical" melodies in music..you know I was a great Yngwie J Malmsteen fan when I was young...so I thought it just fitted there perfectly..it's not releated lyricwise.
mr V

Ah ok, cool. Thanks for the response. :cool:

I have a small question - on the "Hedniskhjärtad" album there are some good translations of all the song titles, but I have never found a good one of "Tussmörkret" - can anyone help me with a good translation? I'd understand if there is more to it than just a simple translation of words (which I've alredy tried, so it's got to be a context thing I'm thinking).

metalarchives says it translates as "The beingdarkness"....I don't know what the hell that is :loco:
what I have is:
mörker = darkness / mörk = dark / mörk(+etc) = something to do with blackness or darkness, getting dark all that stuff.
tuss = wad (wierd...but it's what my dictionary says!)

so I'm not really sure where the being comes in unless that is the "ret" in "mörkret"..

........someone please help me :lol:

Seraphim Belial said:
I have a small question - on the "Hedniskhjärtad" album there are some good translations of all the song titles, but I have never found a good one of "Tussmörkret" - can anyone help me with a good translation? I'd understand if there is more to it than just a simple translation of words (which I've alredy tried, so it's got to be a context thing I'm thinking).

metalarchives says it translates as "The beingdarkness"....I don't know what the hell that is :loco:
what I have is:
mörker = darkness / mörk = dark / mörk(+etc) = something to do with blackness or darkness, getting dark all that stuff.
tuss = wad (wierd...but it's what my dictionary says!)

so I'm not really sure where the being comes in unless that is the "ret" in "mörkret"..

........someone please help me :lol:

It's an old swedish word for "Dusk"...so it's impossible to do a direct translation..it will certainly end up bearing a very strange meaning

mr V

Thidrek said:
and the "ret" indikates that it means "the darkness" and not just "darkness" (or "the dusk" in this case) ;)

so if "ret" is included then it emphazises the subject? like as you said with "the darkness" instead of just darkness
hehe thanks for the info thidrek :)