Favourite "With Oden On Our Side" track

Vote For your Favorite

• Valhall Awaits Me

Votes: 38 12.4%
  • Runes to My Memory

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Asator

Votes: 47 15.3%
  • Hermods Ride to Hel - Loke's Treachery (part 1)

Votes: 34 11.1%
  • Gods of War Arise

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • With Oden on Our Side

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Cry of the Black Birds

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Under the Northern Star

Votes: 36 11.7%
  • Prediction of Warfare

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters
oh.
in that case...
ninja.jpg

Just wondering... I voted for hermod's ride to hel, back in the days when this thread was started. Has it ever been performed live? I've been at the gig in Frankfurt when AA toured with Wintersun and Tyr and I was kinda disappointed as the song didn't make it into the setlist.

Ok another poll I can't answer, again to many good songs.
I will say my best friend's favorite is Asator, because she understands the word Fire..lol (she's not a metal fan)

Valhall Awaits Me would have to be my favourite although I am torn between Asator and Cry of The Blackbirds... and also Under The Northern Star is brutal! :headbang:

Tough thread, just like the Once Sent From The Golden Hall poll!

I like the older albums better :puke:
I loved the bloody brutalness combined with melodies but now the brutalness is completely gone! :( I think the melody is to dominant now - it should sound some more oppressive! :worship: The older songs also were much more melancholic which was a very important part for me listening to AA. For that With Oden on our side is my least favourite Album and I don't really have a favourite song on it. But happily the old stuff is on my hard disk, saved forever even if the cds are rotten to oblivion! ;)

Read my whole post, listen to asator and compare it with f.e. amon amarth. Them you should know what I mean. What I also miss is the bitterness in the songs. The "new" sound of AA is not as misty and dark as the older ones (with new I only mean the w.o.o.o.s-songs)... :) That's just my breakdown and attitute. :cool: Now you may know what I mean. I just don't like the new album so much because it sounds set up to me. I like it but I don't love it :oops:

i concur agree Aurvandils tá on this one. OSFGH has a certain uncompromising grit and heartfelt ferocity to it that gives it a different feel compared to some of their later recordings. It's Wagner-esque death metal if catch my drift.

I think increased sound production often sucks some of the raw spirit out of music.

Don't get me wrong - I love all their albums, but i love OSFGH, Avenger, and the Crusher the most. :)

Mind you, i don't think the production on OSFGH (etc.) is ideal. It has too much background noise or fuzz or whatever you want to call it. It almost sounds like a cassette tape that was dubbed from a dub of a dub of a dub....

But nevertheless i still appreciate the raw brutality of it.

Slayer's "Reign in Blood" is an example of ideal metal production for me - "pounding, loud and clear" while at the same time raw and gritty.

That album never gets old.

Mind you, i don't think the production on OSFGH (etc.) is ideal. It has too much background noise or fuzz or whatever you want to call it. It almost sounds like a cassette tape that was dubbed from a dub of a dub of a dub....

Listen to Death in Fire. The weak production almost kills the riff (possibly the illest riff anyone has ever written, too). Way too much noise and feedback.