"With Oden On Our Side" OUT NOW! Discuss...

I still say Once Sent is their best, lyrically and musically. In an age where most bands new material sucks, I'm so thankful that WOOOS fucking rocks.

I know this is an old topic, but I have to say this is one of the best albums I've heard and this album is what made me into the mega AA fan I am!

Just got the album this week and it's pretty good. :)

More guitar solos, YESS!! Less drum creativity, D'OH!
The drums and riffs seemed once again to be simpler. Deffinate Amon style and Andersson never fails to deliver with that beat, but I'm forever hoping for more Without Fear guitar flares and more showing off from the drums.
Hegg's voice just keeps getting better and better though. MAN I envy that guy. Come on cloning technology! I want a vocalist like that too! :p

Still liked Once Sent better. Having only listened to WOOOS (lool typing that makes me laugh w00000s :p) a few times I think it's a half half win/miss album. When it owned (Prediction/Runes/Blackbirds) it fucking owned but when it missed (Valhall/Gods) it was just a bit mediocre and sounding like recycled FON or VsTW.
Still Amon though, so still shits all over most other bands, but deffinately still part of the mellower FON, VsTW slide.

The bonus disc ruled. Enjoyed that more first listening then the album. :lol: SO wish I'd been at Wacken 06. *sigh*

Just got the album this week and it's pretty good. :)

More guitar solos, YESS!! Less drum creativity, D'OH!
The drums and riffs seemed once again to be simpler. Deffinate Amon style and Andersson never fails to deliver with that beat, but I'm forever hoping for more Without Fear guitar flares and more showing off from the drums.
Hegg's voice just keeps getting better and better though. MAN I envy that guy. Come on cloning technology! I want a vocalist like that too! :p

Still liked Once Sent better. Having only listened to WOOOS (lool typing that makes me laugh w00000s :p) a few times I think it's a half half win/miss album. When it owned (Prediction/Runes/Blackbirds) it fucking owned but when it missed (Valhall/Gods) it was just a bit mediocre and sounding like recycled FON or VsTW.
Still Amon though, so still shits all over most other bands, but deffinately still part of the mellower FON, VsTW slide.

The bonus disc ruled. Enjoyed that more first listening then the album. :lol: SO wish I'd been at Wacken 06. *sigh*

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on Fredrik's drumming on WOOOS. His drumming fits the music perfectly, with an onslaught of double bass and driving fills. When he starts doing blast beating (ugh) to the music like he did with This Ending, then I would complain. I don't think there is one weak song on the whole album, it destroys with one face melter after another. That cd has had more playtime in my car than any other cd I own times infinity. Like the earlier posts said, with most the bands nowadays getting progressively worse AA seems to get better and better. Everyone has their own opinion though.