Fawlty Towers

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
i have this theory that Opeth listeners love Fawlty Towers, correct me if im wrong and if you've never seen an episode, well you havent lived.

so what is everyones favourite comedy programme ever? if you find it hard say your top 3 or something.:loco:

Damn I remember a few years ago they had a marathon of that show and I watched a lot of it. I liked it, haven't seen it on ever since though.

Favorite comedy program would have to be Married with Children.

Being in the USA, I've never even seen the word "fawlty" before.

My top three shows:

Three's Company (Janet, Chrissy and Terri are foxes)

The wonder years (I grew up with this show and now it makes me nostalgic)

Growing Pains (why not?? :p )

I don't watch any of those new shows regularly. I haven't even seen a single episode of "survivor" etc. Oh, well.

I haven't even seen a single episode of "survivor" etc. Oh, well.

well your not alone, so what is survivor? hate them programmes like that i think they are targeted mainly at people (well women) who read them crappy magazines with diet and posh spice shit in them.:mad:

Fawlty Towers is great...UK gold showed all of the first series yestaday night...Not the Nine O'Clock news is my favourite tho...doubt that will ever get shown much in US tho because atleast half the jokes wouldn't make much sense to anyone who isn't english, which is a shame cos the other half would and it is some of the most harilous tv ever made...i've never really enjoyed many american comedy shows...Fraisers good, and spin city, seinfield, 3rd rock...but i'm really a big fan of sitcoms, most of them, unless they are really well written, get dull pretty quickly...i don't think i've ever seen any american sketch shows...Kids in the Hall maybe (but i think thats canadian?)...

fawlty towers... farty towels
I love fawlty towers. i am one of the few australian BBC comedy lovers... FT, blackadder, red dwarf, absolutely fabulous. watched 3 episodes of FT yesterday, and i am a huge opeth fan:D

i am one of the few australian BBC comedy lovers... FT, blackadder, red dwarf, absolutely fabulous
Actually i find almost all my friends love fawlty towers, black adder and possibly red dwarf. And i personally think they are all great!

so what is survivor?
Survivor is so funny, they actually went to the australian outback and used FAKE ROCKS to make their set look better!!!!! In the middle of the outback they had to use fake fuckin rocks?!!?!?

ohhhh and also they actually used actors, in a reality TV program they used actors for some shots!!
hehehehe

Favorite comedies

The Young Ones: the rudest and most bizzare comedy to grace the airwaves.

Kids in the Hall: magic.

Saturday Night Live: too bad they haven't had a good cast since about '95.

I did really enjoy the Fawlty Towers episode when tthey had German guests, and Cleese was doing his best not to mention the war....

Monty Python will forever be the kings of British Comedy and Cleese's unfortunately short-lived series probably isn't far from the throne, itself. I've only seen bits and pieces of Fawlty Towers, but hell - it's John Cleese, it has to rule. Personal fave british series is undeniably Black Adder.

SEINFELD!!!!!!
That is the best show ever created, I love the jokes the complexity everything, it was a wonderfule show. Too bad it had to leave us.... :(

I like Fawlty Towers and Absolutely Fabulous, especially.

As for American shows, anyone who doesn't enjoy the Simpsons is just too uninformed to catch all the political and social satire in it. It's so great. I don't know how well it would translate though, since it deals with a lot of American political issues. But anyway, I can't believe I used to think it was just a *cartoon*.

Despite the fact that I'm in the US, I grew up on British comedy series like FT & Red Dwarf. I love them but have to say that my favs are the Simpsons, The Family Guy, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer...there must be subliminal msg in Buffy bcs I can't stop watching the damn show! Laugh if you must, but there's some good stuff in that show.

I ment Fawlty Towers was short, not Cleese's career.

The Simpsons rule. Being Canadian, I basically get subjected to American media and culture as is so pretty much nothing goes over my head. Actually, a question I'm almost tempted to... hmmm... yes, I think I will...

My favourite comedy shows are:
Red Dwarf
League of Gentlemen (I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet)
I'm Alan Partridge
Seinfeld

Everybody loves fawlty towers!