Fear of the Dark: Why The World Hates Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masculine? Metal is very much feminine! Western society in general is dominantly masculine, which is the reason why metal is so hated against.

SO basically acceptance and diversity is feminine and being a miserable git is masculine :p

But what about the themes the songs cover? What about the erm, crusaders of feminimity who jump on the bible bandwagon and blame Marilyn Manson for random things.

Sorry if I'm being simplistic.

I am not quite sure I am understanding what you are asking?

I don't know if you read my whole post (I know, its very long); however, I am basically saying that metal music is a pure form of feminine traits which have been "demonized" by our dominantly masculine society religiously, socially, and economically.

On the case of lyrics there is a notion I pointed out in my paper which I did not cover here called "vir". "Vir" is kind of a notion and way of life for many pagan cultures. The simplest way to define it is to say it means that you accept the bad things in life. You embrace them knowing that without them there would be no good things in life. This is directly correlated to what I stated in my previous post about balance. Humans need to strive for a "balanced soul" because both good and bad are important. One thing cannot exist without the other. Metal lyrics are very evil, violent, mean, and loud because it shows acceptance of the negative things in life. Accepting negative things allows you to enjoy the positive things much more. This also brings about a naturalistic point of view in metal. Naturalists believe in letting mother nature take its course. They feel that nature is built perfectly and in a certain way for a reason. The hawk eats the mouse, or the flood creates a new pond for a reason. This is an example of the thought of a naturalist.

On your response of "the crusaders of femininity:

I am still a little confused but I can say that there are all kinds of women who claim to be feminists without really understanding what it is. Feminism is a very misunderstood idea for most people as they think it is merely a statement of women's rights or "power to the woman!". Another misunderstanding is that men cannot be feminists without being homosexual or something. I am a guy feminist and am very much straight. My first post really shows the bulk of what feminism is; however, there are some extreme feminists who believe women should dominate and rule. All that they would do is create a society that is imbalanced on the feminine side rather than the masculine. My point is that things need to be balanced in equilibrium with one another. Most feminists fight to bring forth that masculinity is dominating the balance which needs to be equal with masculine and feminine.

I think I understand. You are talking about feminimity as some kind of way of life which being female does not automatically guarantee. Look at both sides and see why the problems arise rather than having taboo issues or somthing like that?

I think thats kind of how I feel. Like there isn't really good and evil, just people doing thngs for reasons. That goes against the black and white thing though.

Hmm, you are sorta getting there...

You are getting close by saying that feminism is a way of life rather than just something granted to only a woman if she chooses to be pro-active in things such as women's rights and such.

Unfortunately you are way off on the good and evil thing. There most definately is a distinction between good and evil. They both very much exist in our world. Picture a yin-yang symbol. Yang is the masculine side (good) represented by the color white; however, the Yin is the feminine side (evil), represented by the color black. Remember that the two sides are both sort of emerging into each others' territories and also that the white side has a perfect small black dot in it while the black side has a white dot. This represents a perfect balance and shows that neither side can exist without the other. Humans are innately attracted to things like having fun, partying, engaging in sexual activity, and nature. This disorderliness is a bad thing if it dominates society leading us all into tribal barbarism. We need some orderliness, structure, abstinence, and even technology and architecture in our lives. But just like how too much of the one side was bad, so is too much of this other side (which is the world we live in now). We need EQUAL balance, too much of one side is a bad thing.

Metal, like I have stated earlier, is embodied by all of the traits that are a part of the Yin side (same as the Dionysian side in my first post). This side in our society today is being dominated by the Yang side (same as the Apollo side in my first post) because it is being demonized. Because metal carries all these traits it is therefore also demonized.

This thread is a bigoted attempt mto undersdtand bigotry. it will neevr work.

I have a few very important points you have to consider:
1.) Most Christians do not think Metal is Satans music. Your confusing Christians with old people. Trust me, im christian and I go to a Christian school. Most of the non-gay people who go there listen to metal of some form or another. The gay people all listen to rap :mad:
2.) The world doesnt actually appear to hate most forms of metal. Its the extreme metal (I. E. Thrash, Death, Black Grindcore, etc) they seem to hate. And lets face it, why would they not? To a nonmetallic person it is just mindless satanic-sounding noise that they (in there ignoarance) cant understand, so they assume its violent since it sounds angry.
3.) Just as a remindwer Nu-Metal is etremely popular right now. Nobody shuns it. of course, most Nu-metal is crap, with a few notable exceptions.

Alright. thats all I have to say. Please consider this. :headbang:

Zweihänder;6764113 said:
Metal is like Jazz, idiots don't get it.

As ignorant as that sounded, I think there is some truth to it. Most people don't understand the skill involved in Metal. And how good it can be if you open your mind and get past the damn lyrics.

I think the main reason everyone hates Metal is Death Metallers. They wear shirts that say disgusting stuff like Skinless and Cannibal Corpse. They don't talk to anyone unless its to insult peoples musical taste and tell them to listen to real music which would be Metal. And they act like the reason nobody likes them is they don't see why they're superior.

Seriously, I wore a GN'R shirt at the mall and someone in a DM band shirt came up to me and said "you're retarded, Rock sucks, Rock bands have no talent". And there were some Death Metallers I used to talk to at school. All they would do is bitch about music they hated and people giving them shit for liking Death Metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.