fear of the dark

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Buy the fucking album for fuck sake!
heh, make that sound like i'm some twat that just downloads everything and doesnt support bands, i do buy albums every once in while, wish i could more often but i dont got lots of cash
i was just wondering cuz every time i downloaded the song it was the same live one

As stated above, dont waste your time and/or money on this awful, putrid record. FOTD is, easily, Maiden's worst effort, even surpassed by "Virtual XI".
THere are a total of 2 redeeming qualities on that record: Childhood's End & Strangers. The title track is "ok", but not even remotely close to classic.

The album & the tour were "Maiden on Spinal Tap". Never has a metal band morphed into more of a parody of itself as Maiden did with this embarassing release.

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.

SoundMaster said:
As stated above, dont waste your time and/or money on this awful, putrid record. FOTD is, easily, Maiden's worst effort, even surpassed by "Virtual XI".
THere are a total of 2 redeeming qualities on that record: Childhood's End & Strangers. The title track is "ok", but not even remotely close to classic.

The album & the tour were "Maiden on Spinal Tap". Never has a metal band morphed into more of a parody of itself as Maiden did with this embarassing release.

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.

To whomever does not own FOTD...

Please do not buy into this crap. Find in it yourself what you like and dislike, not listening to this jargon. I for one find the album fascinating and I love it to death, and will never get sick of listening to it.

Try it for yourself.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I prefer FotD to NPFTD which was pretty crap. And to say ANY Blaze album is better than ANY Bruce album is just stupid. :D

i most heartily agree.
in fact i really like fear of the dark.lots an lots.so there.
:)

Thank you Mr Gardening Implement! :D
I like the song on FotD which sounds like a song from AC/DC's Blow Up Your Video. - The Apparition - I can just see Brian Johnson screaming that with the BUYV chords belting over the top!
Brilliant! :kickass:

Hey, I have an idea.

Instead of bashing this poor guy who happens to not be an Iron Maiden genius, we should realize that some people may not have heard of every single Iron Maiden release.

That being said, Fear of the Dark is not so good. Maiden has never put out a truly terrible album, but this one is one of their worst, and most people would agree with me. Don't bother. Download a few more tracks before you decide to buy it. Judas be my Guide, Be Quick or be Dead, and Fear of the Dark are all great tunes. But some of the songs are filler (The Apparition, Weekend Warrior, Fear is the Key), and some are just metal cheese prerequisite songs (From here to Eternity- Pop sounding corniness. Wasting Love- Just a sub-par ballad).

Anyway, if you don't already have Seventh son of a Seventh Son, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Piece of Mind or even Somewhere in Time yet, you'd be better off with those first, depending on what your taste is.

I never said my opinion is more important than anyone elses. Better maybe, but not more important. Just because I went into detail and said "these songs suck, these don't," you probably think of me as some sort of stuck up "metal-snob" right? I'm analytical. Sorry.

Unless you're just bitching because you don't agree with my opinion, which would make you a complete hypocrite. Sorry, The Apparition sucks. But I don't mind if you like it. Someone has to. After all, someone wrote it.