Feb. 25th - Division, Odin's Court, Images of Eden at Mac's...

eaeolian said:
We've spoken about this many times - Hal Daddys gave crap-holes a bad name... :lol:

Has anyone here played the Barclay House in Baltimore? It's another one of those row house in a bad part of town turned into a place to play.

Nothing like walking by crack dealers thousands of dollars worth of gear. We played in a corner of the basement, with bare lightbulbs hanging within arms reach. Halfway through our set, someone pulls one into the mosh pit, zapping himself and blowing a fuse.

You have to play with your back to the crowd the whole night, or the mosh pit will wind up plowing into the front of your guitar several times. I think I played the whole set with a :Smokin: hanging out of my mouth. I was totally :loco: by the end.

No prob.

On the subject of playing in bad parts of town, a small story regarding playing a show at the Brass Monkey in Fells Point:

My former bandmates were younger than I, and for lack of any desire to rehash the history, not particularly streetsmart, let alone bright in general. The Brass Monkey Saloon is a little hole in the wall bar in Fells Point on the corner of Bond Street and Eastern Avenue, caddy corner to the Baltimore Tattoo Museum. Eastern Avenue is kind of the border in that area between "Hey let's walk down the block" and *bang*. On the Monkey's side of the street, you're good; simply cross Eastern Avenue and you take your life in your hands.

Now, parking sucked (was that statement really necessary?), so while unloading gear, we often would be forced to park just across Eastern, walk the gear over, then book it back to the car to go find someplace not deadly to park. So anyway, my sister was driving us this night and I basically forced my two guitarists to walk with us back to her car. Strength in numbers: there was NO way I was letting her walk back by herself and I figured the more the better. This is where my guitarists' lack of sense comes in.

No sooner do we start walking back to the car then we see a gang on the corner, about 10 feet from my sister's car. They weren't *doing* anything, but you could see they had bandanas over their faces, sunglasses on (at 9pm) and weren't exactly your "take home to Mom" kind of guys. So without calling any attention to ourselves, we just continue walking briskly to the car.

As we approach the car, still within about 6 feet of the gang, my dumbfuck of a guitarist yells out....

"I GOT SHOTGUN!!!"

Swallowing my utter disbelief at his stupidity, I literally took him by the arm and threw him into the car. I don't mean tugged or gently shoved, either. His feet left the ground. After we were in the car and moving, I punched him in the arm and my other guitarist hit him in the head. To this day, or at least the last time I talked with him, he still has no idea why what he said was so bad.

*sigh*

NickDivision said:
anyone have pix from Sat night?

I took a lot of pictures from that show. If you want some of them please let me know.:headbang:

You guys freakin' kicked ass! That was my third time seeing Division, and everytime it has gotten better and better.

It was worth the drive from Harrisburg, PA for the gig. I went nuts when you did "The Hunter" and your original songs were top notch.

I love the album "Trinity" and I can't wait for the new CD.

Stay heavy!:kickass:

Snowy Owl said:
I took a lot of pictures from that show. If you want some of them please let me know.:headbang:

You guys freakin' kicked ass! That was my third time seeing Division, and everytime it has gotten better and better.

Thanks - we'd love to have more pics. Hopefully, by the fourth time you see us, we won't have changed any band members. :lol:

Snowy Owl said:
It was worth the drive from Harrisburg, PA for the gig. I went nuts when you did "The Hunter" and your original songs were top notch.

I love the album "Trinity" and I can't wait for the new CD.

Were you wearing the Iced Earth shirt up front? I had to smile when I saw that...

The wait for the next CD shouldn't be as long. Six years is ridiculous!