Female fronted melodic death metal (Includes RAW's for your mixing pleasure)

Hey, thank you for your feedback !
The big difference is on drums : I totally ditched the kick samples I used on the 1st version and started from scratch with new samples combination.
Also added a 2nd snare sample to add some beef.

Then, I adjusted a lot of tiny details on everything (EQ, automations, mastering chain...etc), also tried to have the vocals more upfront.
Really happy with this new version :)

Excellent de trouver des Toulousains par ici ; et le truc drôle, c'est que j'y suis aussi depuis 2 ans !
Je suis vers Purpan, tu es dans quel coin ? Tu étudies quoi ?

Yep this one is really cool!

J'suis à l'ENSEEIHT en électronique/traitement du signal (y a un léger lien avec ma présence ici d'ailleurs étrangement ah ah), du coup comme l'école est en plein centre ville j'ai un appart du côté pas trop loin des Carmes!

This was awesome to work on
deffo need some advice on how the rest of you guys did the kick drum cause i got frustrated and just used a kick replacement, which goes in and out which is a ballache tbh
but anyway, heres my mix

Be brutal and honest with criticism please, also the real kick drum tips would be great :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and your mixes! You guys are doing awesome work :)

If you like our music, the best way to support us is to buy our EP.
Since this weekend we finally have our EP for sale as a physical copy, and I'm really proud of the result :)

You can buy it in our store through our website :
http://www.nephylim.com/

*spam mode off*

Amazing, will definitely give it a shot as I really enjoyed the previous one.
Thanks again for sharing the multitrack.
Is your band still active ? How are things going for you guys ?

Thanks mon ami! Definitely appreciate that :) You will sure have fun with this one!

We definitely have been going through a rough time as a band, we kicked out our guitar player because he rather was playing World of Warcraft then playing gigs. So our singer switched to guitar duties and we hired a new singer after one audition (I was against it, I rather get too know personally and musically, but I went along with it) and the singer basically took control of everything and some people were taking his side and some werent taking any sides at all.
Luckily the guitar player whom I started the band with (plus we write all the music) was on my side, after letting it drag too long we decided to kick everyone out.

It has been on hold for quite a while, but we are getting back together once in a while to work on new music, we definitely want to release something new the next year :)

That was quite the rant haha :tickled:

With Futile Endeavours how are the tracks supposed to align with the tempo track? I end up sounding Philip Glass no matter how I try. ^_^

Everything should start from 1

Well, I get starting tempo of 216.9998 on 1st beat. Could probably be a false float. Then another tempo marker at 18th bar, also 216.9998. But with this map I can't get the snare landing on beats no matter how I try to align the tracks. When I try tapping in the tempo based on the first section I get 224. Not that it's fatal, but would like to algorithmically align the kicks and snares to eliminate transient flams, and I'm too lazy to go through the song editing manually. In any case, thank you for sharing the tracks! ^_^

@kapu : which DAW are you using ?
I'm on Cubase Pro 9 and everything is OK (and I used the original MIDI that was in the zip).
I can provide a Cubase tempo track if needed.

@MartijnPaauwe : sad to hear this ! I really enjoyed the vocals, with some serious balls and great personality. Unlike many screaming girls, she doesn't even sound like she's trying to mimic a men voice / try to pitch it down, if you see what I mean. She's just doing her own agressive thing, I love it. That's a huge loss :(
Fortunately it seems you kept the flame alive, really curious to hear what you guys will come up with !

Thank you for effort. I'm on Logic Pro X, and the new MIDI map works fine. It still gives a tempo reading of 216.9998 for sections I'd suspect were at 217, but the difference is insignificant. If I get anything worthy done, I will upload here. ^_^