Festivals

OK peeps, what festivals are you all thinking of going to this year ... or wishing you were going to if you're not actually going to any ... does that make sense? lol.

UK based ones ... anyone going to Firefest? Bloodstock? 13th Day?

I noticed Threshold are one of the bands to vote for to perform as special guests at the 13th Day Festival. Has everyone voted? If not get across to ... http://www.thirteenthday.co.uk/ as every vote can make a difference :headbang:

In an indeal world I would like to see both Threshold and Power Quest on the same bill again as we throughly enjoyed seeing them both perform at the Classic Rock gig in Rotherham.

Download with my mates. Should be a blast. Wish I could go Bloodstock but none of my mates have good enough taste :loco:

Noooooooooooo! I love SA and Threshold, but I'm in Vietnam for my "gap-month." (Being away from Metal Gigs for a year would kill me.) I'm going Bloodstock thou. Hammerfall!

I'll be at both Bloodstock events but I am very underwhelmed by the line-ups so far. Not really sure I'm looking forward to it at the moment to be honest. Vince seems to be ignoring certain bands and certain genres of metal. :confused:

I will definitely be at 13th day though and REALLY looking forward to it. I have to work the next day as I can't get it off and it'll be quite a trek back from Birmingham to Leeds at that time but to see Sonata Arctica again I'll sleep on a park bench if necessary. :D Also with Norther Season's End and the mighty Intense definitely playing it should be a day and night to remember!!

Hope to see many of ya there!! :)

Dream Thief said:
I'll be at both Bloodstock events but I am very underwhelmed by the line-ups so far. Not really sure I'm looking forward to it at the moment to be honest. Vince seems to be ignoring certain bands and certain genres of metal. :confused:

Agreed the outdoor line up is quite good however im not very impressed by the indoor line up what so ever but luckly bloodstock is not only about the music, for me its great to meet people off this board and bloodstock boards and hang out with with with the most friendly bunch of people i know see u there :D :headbang:

Dream Thief said:

I think that there are some alternatives to Bloodstock that should cater to different tastes - some events we know about, and some still to be announced....

This is true, there are plenty of other events and some I shall be attending.

It would be nice though if there was more of a mix of genres at BS. Maybe in time there will be.

Still, it's also a great social event as well so I guess that's something else to look forward to, so yes I shall hope to see you all there too! :headbang:

Can't say that I'll be attending any festivals this year...certainly nothing planned as yet that's for sure. Have to see a bit nearer the time I think

Agreed that these things can be a great social event...sometimes this is the best part! hehe!

Well I am going to go aganist the grain here and say that the line-up to bloodstock indoor has completely blown me away. The idea that they're hosting an entire day (Friday) devoted to 'battle metal', sounds damned exciting. I'll certainly be there, leather clad with sword in hand (Plastic sword that is). Ah the spirit of the festival is immense, I just hope they don't run out of beer like they always seem to, and with a bit of luck I'll find somewhere to sleep this year!

Absolutely rocking!! Got myself a wicked band now, we are called Emblazon and should be gigging around the UK over the summer, it's very exciting. And it's damn good to be back with the internet once again, it's a pain not being able to keep up with events throughout the rest of the world.

Aye, it might be a while before we can do any gigs of any importance. We need to do a lot of work over the summer as far as live performances go. But my guitarist was the lead singer/guitarist of throne of nails and toured with dragonforce once or twice, he's confident we can do something so i am too.

Symphony said:
Keep me posted Frett!

i will be going to firefest in bradford on may 6th and 7th to see firehouse TNT and Pink Cream 69
all awesome bands

also going to italy in june to Gods of Metal
the best ever line up

just go

any one going to danger danger in London on April 8th ???? :headbang: