Few Woods III questions for Dave

Dauden

Jun 26, 2006
Alright, well after hearing (and enjoying) the first two new WoY tracks, I have a couple of questions. You may choose to not answer, thats cool, or maybe just one, but its worth a shot.

1) According to your Myspace, the album is supposed to be 70 minutes, a long album indeed. How many tracks are there going to be in total?
2) Who doesn't love epic songs? Is there going to be a longer song, such as Dragged or A Meeting Place and Time?
3) Pursuit has tons of acoustic elements, which helps give it its real earthly feeling (at least to me) The first couple of new WoY songs don't seem to really have much acousticness covered. Will there be much acoustic playing on the new one? Probably not as much as Pursuit I'm guessing? (Seeing as its more Winter)

Anyway, you might want to keep some of these secret, or maybe not, but answer what you like, I'll (and anyone else here) will appreciate what you give us. :kickass:

3) Pursuit has tons of acoustic elements, which helps give it its real earthly feeling (at least to me) The first couple of new WoY songs don't seem to really have much acousticness covered. Will there be much acoustic playing on the new one? Probably not as much as Pursuit I'm guessing? (Seeing as its more Winter)
A couple of people received acoustic guitar strings in the Autumn mailing so my guess is there's going to be at least a bit of acoustic playing on the album. Not that much though, for I seem to remember there were only six acoustic strings, in other words just the one set. So either There's not a lot of acousitcs, they are damn strong strings or David is careful when playing. ;)

A couple of people received acoustic guitar strings in the Autumn mailing so my guess is there's going to be at least a bit of acoustic playing on the album. Not that much though, for I seem to remember there were only six acoustic strings, in other words just the one set. So either There's not a lot of acousitcs, they are damn strong strings or David is careful when playing. ;)

i myself received one of the acoustic strings :)

Few Woods III questions for Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, well after hearing (and enjoying) the first two new WoY tracks, I have a couple of questions. You may choose to not answer, thats cool, or maybe just one, but its worth a shot.

1) According to your Myspace, the album is supposed to be 70 minutes, a long album indeed. How many tracks are there going to be in total?
2) Who doesn't love epic songs? Is there going to be a longer song, such as Dragged or A Meeting Place and Time?

Anyway, you might want to keep some of these secret, or maybe not, but answer what you like, I'll (and anyone else here) will appreciate what you give us.

1) "Woods 3" = 15 tracks @ 70 + minutes.
2) Yeah, I think the longest song is about 7.5 minutes or so, but most of the songs on the album are around the 5-6 minute mark. There are fewer really long and short songs, but more solid, even length ones. Each one is epic.
3) There are 3 acoustic guitar based songs, and then a few more 'heavy' songs that have (really N-ice!) acoustic parts in them. There won't be as much acoustic guitar work as "Pursuit" overall because yes, this is a winter album, but there are some nice, clean, cold electric guitar parts to fill the emotional space.

Lastly btw, the songs we are posting online are a few of the more 'contained' tracks, versus the depth that you'll find on the rest of the album. Prepare yourselves. :kickass: :)

SWEETASS. Thanks for answering my questions Dave, satisfies my hunger, always appreciated. Figured that the two songs on the myspace would be more "single"y, if you will (if thats even possible) This is gonna slay, (still) can't wait. N-ISA!

=-

This is a question for Dave (This has probably been asked before):
"Woods of Ypres" - What does "Ypres" stand for? Is there a city or forest of "Ypres" in Canada or is this reffering to the woods of ypres in Belgium where the Canadians had a role in WWI?

=-