"FICTION" expanded edition available on the US tour

Caotico

Sep 17, 2001
Terra firma
www.darktranquillity.com
fiction2.jpg

Bastard music industry is just trying to squeeze some more money out of us poor fans. I will get it anyways though ;) . Really good news. Great artwork btw. Cannot wait to hear the two new songs and maybe to see me in a Summer Breeze festival video.

edit: Could anyone of the Americans here buy one at the tour and send it to me. I have a Paypal account. If anyone is willing, please PM me. That would be utterly magnificent.

"Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)" video? I hope it wouldn't be this funny but stupid lego-video

Btw, it is very strange that they didn't include Sentenced cover. Or it's not recorded yet?

I'm pretty sure it's the lego-video.

Bastard music industry is just trying to squeeze some more money out of us poor fans. I will get it anyways though ;) .

The same here. This happens right after I've managed to hunt down both A Closer End and Winter Triangle. And now I'm going to buy the album again, for two new songs and some bonus stuff - happily, I might add. :dopey:

Actually, a hideous thought popped up in my mind while reading this: What if they released, say, a hundred different versions of their next album, each with different cover-artwork or some remixed song or a strand of Mikael's hair? We'd still buy all of them, addicts as we are! o_O

(And please, don't tell me there are bands / record companies that do this already, I really don't want to know.)

-Villain (preparing for a very long month and a half)

Actually, we get 4 new songs + lives

So even if I do not like audio lives, it is somehow a new EP. We will pay as much as a LP for it but it is not just a re edit with one bonus track.

Sentenced cover was intended to be on a CM compilation I believe so it make senses it is not there. However I am begining to think I will never see Misery's Crown video

What about Misery's Crown video?

We did record a "Misery's crown" video about a year ago, but the end result just didn't work at all. For a while, there was talk about re-editing the footage, but that would mean a pretty large expense without any guarantee that the material could be "shaped up" and turned into a clip that would have the required standard. At the end of the day, it made more sense to invest that money into touring instead, which would benefit both us and the fans a bit more.

EDIT: The Sentenced cover is indeed for a C.M. compilation and therefore couldn't be included here (and it was actually recorded after the deadline for the re-issue project I think).

Lesson learned: don't buy the album when it's first released, wait at least 1-2 years for all the special editions with bonus tracks and videos to come out before you fork over any cash.

In the short term this will generate money for the label, but in the long term (especially with the recession) it will be bad for business as fans hang back and wait for better editions to come out.

That said, I will be buying this one way or the other, but next time I'll wait for a year or two for the bonus stuff to appear on an expanded edition of the album.

Lesson learned: don't buy the album when it's first released, wait at least 1-2 years for all the special editions with bonus tracks and videos to come out before you fork over any cash.

In the short term this will generate money for the label, but in the long term (especially with the recession) it will be bad for business as fans hang back and wait for better editions to come out.

That said, I will be buying this one way or the other, but next time I'll wait for a year or two for the bonus stuff to appear on an expanded edition of the album.

Recession?

You'll know it was a recession when it already happened, not being in the middle of it :dopey: Geez, and that's some fucking theory about "hurting" the music industry - CD sales are hitting rock bottom eventually, but not because some cheap fucks will be waiting for expanded editions with extra stuffs.

I literally almost pissed my pants when i seen this.
The main reaosn i didnt buy fiction was because the bonus tracks, crappy artwork, and expense to ship the extra track version in + i figured this would happen.
AND IM SO HAPPY NOW!
The extra tracks + KICK ASS ARTWORK + VIDEOS EXTENDED BOOKLET
AMAZING!!!!
\My birthday is June 22nd, but I think ill have to treat myself early!!!
Or get someone to order it early for me cuz i bet it will sell out fast if its only availible during touring.
So is it gonna be sold it stores or online or what?

As I'm always wandering, I was wondering if the Fiction(expanded edition) was available?
Last time DT where here(USA) it was the Focus Shift EP that was to be available but it only made an appearance at the last 2 or 3 shows of that tour.
So plintus did You score?

Nope :(

Some of the merch made it, but CD wasn't there yet, hope to get it tonight or tomorrow.

Well if you mean the Focus Shift single that came with one other track and the artwork was the DT chrest, then I found it for 1$ at Hottopic. Bought it right away.

Hopefully it'll be the same for this cd.

In both the short and the long term, labels by now understand that they're only going to sell music to people who buy CDs for their sentimental or collectible value, and are therefore either happy with whatever copy of Fiction comes out first, or with buying every single edition. It's not really the fans who are going to hang back, I think.