Fields of the Nephilim

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
What's the best place to start? ANyone know? IoftheStorm?

JayK and IotS were spot on about SKyclad. I love that band now. FotN are another "classic" band I've always wanted to check out, so hopefully I will enjoy them.

Other bands always quote them as an inspiration (lots of doom/gothic bands mostly) and thought they might be worth a shot.

I think I asked this before, but I figured they deserved their own thread.

I have a feeling Dick Sirloin is the one to ask here.

from what I've heard, and thanks to his recommendations, "The Nephilim" seems to be a most excellent place to begin.

Nothing tops "Dawnrazor" or "Elizium" for me, but the album YOU will most likely love is "Zoon" by Nefilim (project of the singer). I really enjoy the band since it has totally guitar driven songs, and they are not in the "Faggy goth" area.

From their wbsite:

The Solo album of Mr McCoy was already announced for 1993, but it took until 1996 to be released.
The sound is much heavier than the Fields sound ever used to be, including very riff-orientated almost-Death Metal stuff, double-bassdrum, drum/guitarwork in best Slayer-tradition etc, you name it.
McCoy himself described his album as "When Elzium was the dream, then this is the nightmare..."

suh-weet

Get "The Nephilim" if you're not gay. Some of the guitar sections are sooooo Agalloch it hurts my peepee.

Don't be expecting it to be totally AGALLOCH-a-decade-earlier, though. It's more like SOL INVICTUS raping the SISTERS OF MERCY or something.

Dick Sirloin said:
Don't be expecting it to be totally AGALLOCH-a-decade-earlier, though. It's more like SOL INVICTUS raping the SISTERS OF MERCY or something.
Yeah it's actually more like if Sisters of Mercy wasn't gay

And no it isn't a chick