Fields of the Nephilim

Man, "The Nephilim" is at least a 9/10. "Last Exit for the Lost" is the best album-ending track this side of "Supper's Ready".

What's a decent distro where I could find "Elizium"? Anyone know any good ones?

Dick Sirloin said:
Don't be expecting it to be totally AGALLOCH-a-decade-earlier, though. It's more like SOL INVICTUS raping the SISTERS OF MERCY or something.

Yeah. Think "Hallways of Enchanted Ebony" as their most Nephilim based work. The clean guitar work is so reminiscent.

MajestikMøøse said:
hooray for J. having completely arbitrary and unpredictable musical tastes

Can someone please give a better description of this? I mean, I've had people tell me this too. Is it just having a strict set of boundaries as to what TYPE of music you like or the qualities within a certain genre? Perhaps maybe the mood? I've been told that I have arbitrary and strange tastes. I like sad music and I like happy music. I like obscure music and I like pop music. The aggressive. Then calm. Hell, I've been listening to the Garden State soundtrack almost all week and right now I'm listening to Kvist. Perhaps later I'll listen to some Foo Fighters or Current 93 (two other major players). Whatever the emotions bring to me.

This also makes me wonder as I like SOME bands of a particular genre and don't like others. I haven't quite come to the conclusion as to why. Maybe it's just something about ME that these bands particularily appeal to in a subtle sort of way. Not sure. I may find something in certain bands like early Satyricon or Emperor, but have no intrest in Immortal or Darkthrone. Strange. Anyone else have this?

NP: Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike