Fight 'Em Till You Can't - did they or did they NOT...

antwax

Senile Member
Apr 5, 2005
...play it with Belladonna? How was it? 6er - you weren't asked! :)
How come none of those thousands and thousands of Anthrax fans out there filmed it and put it to YouTube?

T:)

they played it at least in vienna, austria (probably the only time). it was a headliner-show in front of 1.000 people and it seems like no one has filmed the whole show.

and when did Anthrax have more than 1.000 people at a headliner-show within the last 15 years? the exception was the reunion-tour when they sold out bigger venues. when Thrax played in vienna in 1998 on the volume 8-tour there were only about 100 people there, they were promoting a record nearly no one has bought.

Headliner-show? Why there were only 1000 people?

WCFYA tour in Rotterdam, not even 400 people

Reunion tour in Tilburg close to 2.000 people

But still nowhere near when they played to promote POT, I think they played a sold out Rijnhal which holds 7.000+

But hey, I'd love to hear "Fight 'em" with Joey, already aksed before if someone has a link...

he did a great job on "only" and "fight em" sounds more thrashy like the older records so I'll think he'll do great!

Thanks for the statistics...:)

Now that I had a closer look at their tour dates I noticed that this show wasn't part of Sonisphere...and now I can understand the number of people that attended...:) :)

Anyway...I find it odd that no one has posted video of that song...there must have been 1000 phones in the audience...why none of them was filming...????

aijoo. @ spacebeer - good luck for football match!

Anyway...I find it odd that no one has posted video of that song...there must have been 1000 phones in the audience...why none of them was filming...????

maybe they got caught in a mosh? or they just wanted to enjoy the show? filming while moshing is not so cool or we could say moshing while filming isn't so much fun.

and when did Anthrax have more than 1.000 people at a headliner-show within the last 15 years? the exception was the reunion-tour when they sold out bigger venues. when Thrax played in vienna in 1998 on the volume 8-tour there were only about 100 people there, they were promoting a record nearly no one has bought.

Every time Anthrax plays Chicago they have 1,500 plus, sometimes they have to do back to back shows due to selling out.. Thats with Bush or Bella

that's probably the reason why Bush called Chicago the heavy metal capitol of the us on MOMD. in europe Bushthrax wasn't that big.

In Finland they played always full houses...perhaps Helsinki is Chicago of Europe? :)

With Bush they always played to a packed house in Cleveland, Ohio, too.

Then on the reunion tour, the show had to be moved to the really tiny room at the Agora due to lack of ticket sales, when they were playing the big room with John.

Cleveland was one of their 3 favorite US cities, according to Scott's Alphamail's and Charlie's Blastbeats during the WCFYA era.

It just simply differes alot from where and when they play. Anthrax was pretty big in the 80's and my guess is that they enver layed in front of as many fans as they did then.

In Sweden Bushthrax was almost non-existent as far as popularity goes. So while I dont have any numbers Im pretty sure they didnt do well coming over here. The re-union did alright but they only did one date in Sweden and there was a massive power failure as far as I know and they only played a couple of songs.

Every time Anthrax plays Chicago they have 1,500 plus, sometimes they have to do back to back shows due to selling out.. Thats with Bush or Bella

Same in London - the Astoria was as good as sold out every time they played it from 1998 onwards regardless of who was singing - although it was the only UK show of the V8 tour (anyone remember the old school medley?!). Things seemed to bottom out on the Stomp tour for them in the UK - it was really sad to see only a couple of hundred people at those shows. They really bounced back here during the WCFYA era but I was suprised that they didn't play/fill bigger venues over here with Joey on the reunion tour.

I would hope they're in a better position business wise right now than they have been since 93-94. Thrash is back in favour, a big tour happening now and for some months to come if the American Carnage rumours are true, and regardless of your own personal taste, Belladonna back in I think will be good for the band. Fingers crossed.

Now if only they could release a strong new album or EP, they'd really be back in business.
Overkill did, so why shouldn't Anthrax :kickass:

Exodus is such a waste these days with that awful vocalist :err: