Fight'em Friday

Sounds okay to me. Joey sounds great. Not a big fan of the melodic guitars during the chorus. Production is very 'clean' and guitars aren't so crunchy. It has some pop qualities to it. But this also the 'single' so I kind of expected that

Also have to remember they wrote all of these songs long before Joey came into the band. So i really don't expect this to be a full on Thrash album.

All of that being said is sounds more like ANTHRAX than anything since POT. I don't think this will be the next Among The Living. I think it will be a hybrid of WCFYA mixed with POT. But I'll take that any day over what they have done the past 15 years or so.

It is really great to hear Joey singing again with Anthrax. It just makes Anthrax sound like Anthrax again and that is fucking awesome. I really can't wait to hear more from this album!

Joey sounds a lot better than he did back in the day...didn't do anything cheesy and is actually in key!

I think a lot of people forget that was the mid 80's. And I think people forget about the entire Persistence of Time CD.

Deege, where are the 'cheesy' vocals on Persistence of Time, I'll be waiting for that.

When did Joey ever sound off key? I never noticed that, although I always though Bush sounded off key on a LOT of songs on his albums. I still prefer Bush as a vocalist, but I accepted the off key thing as one of his vocal traits. Joey though? Can't say I ever noticed him being off key on a record.

When did Joey ever sound off key? I never noticed that, although I always though Bush sounded off key on a LOT of songs on his albums. I still prefer Bush as a vocalist, but I accepted the off key thing as one of his vocal traits. Joey though? Can't say I ever noticed him being off key on a record.

'Bare' is a good example of Bush being off key.

I was mainly referring to how Joey sounds since the reunion, he's ALL OVER THE PLACE on Alive 2. He sounded so bad on that album it almost made me embarrassed to ever say I was an Anthrax fan.

On the records it's not so much being off key that bugged me, because he wasn't - I just hated his voice, not my thing.

I agree about Bare...that song is just fucking wierd, period. The instruments almost seem like an afterthought to the vocals (even though I'm sure it's the other way around)...he's off key from the music, but consistently so.

I was mainly referring to how Joey sounds since the reunion, he's ALL OVER THE PLACE on Alive 2. He sounded so bad on that album it almost made me embarrassed to ever say I was an Anthrax fan.

On the records it's not so much being off key that bugged me, because he wasn't - I just hated his voice, not my thing.

I agree about Bare...that song is just fucking wierd, period. The instruments almost seem like an afterthought to the vocals (even though I'm sure it's the other way around)...he's off key from the music, but consistently so.

sounded so bad?????????? ok wait...

CHECK THIS

THIS IS BAD!!, EMBARRASSED!!, OFF KEY AND.........almost made me embarrassed to ever say I was an Anthrax fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounded so bad?????????? ok wait...

CHECK THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA75F98-oSQ

THIS IS BAD!!, EMBARRASSED!!, OFF KEY AND.........almost made me embarrassed to ever say I was an Anthrax fan.

Yeah, use a clip where he's CLEARLY sick as a dog to prove your point. If that in any way represented how John Bush sounded, you'd have a case. But you don't. He sounds like he has strep throat lol

First new Anthrax material in 8 years comes online and you guys still manage to turn this thread into a Belladonna v Bush arguement.

WTF?!

It's fucking years ago now, so who cares, and why even bring it up - that clip of Bush's bad vocals is stupid. It's not his fault he had a fucking cold/flu you stupid bastard (whoever posted it, cunt).

Bush was off key on Anthrax records all the way through his time with the band, I could never quite understand what the fuck was going on with that. But the thing was, it still sounded good, so who cares? Bush is the best singer Anthrax ever had.

Back on topic, this new song seriously kicks fucking ass.

I suppose I'm one of the "tr00er" fans on this board since I love both John AND Joey's time in the band. I'd be overjoyed no matter who sang on the new album, I just want to hear more. Fuck the naysayers (of both periods).

Back on topic, this new song seriously kicks fucking ass.

I suppose I'm one of the "tr00er" fans on this board since I love both John AND Joey's time in the band. I'd be overjoyed no matter who sang on the new album, I just want to hear more. Fuck the naysayers (of both periods).

:worship: so well said!!!

I like both vocalists.

As for this new track, I have been spreading the youtube link all over the internet. :kickass:

stop bitching and moaning and do some constructive promoting in anticipation for this killer cd coming out!

I like both vocalists.

As for this new track, I have been spreading the youtube link all over the internet. :kickass:

stop bitching and moaning and do some constructive promoting in anticipation for this killer cd coming out!

Good work dude. I posted it on the Megadeth forums and the Metallica boards too (as username kennyhell)

Interesting on Blabbermouth where so many haters lurk - the tune has been getting really positive comments all through. Awesome stuff.

Big fucking dot.

On to the track itself, it took me a few listens to really get into it, but that's mainly because I had been used to listening to the live version. If the rest of the album sounds like this, I for one will be happy.