Fight'em Friday

Absolutely love it and can't wait for the album! It's been a long time...long time coming!

this sounds much better than i expected, i really like the production, Joey's voice sounds better than ever and the melodic guitars fit the song perfectly, it's 10 x better than the live-version.

I agree it's EXCELLENT, but the only thing I do like more live is the speed. It was slowed down considerably, which sucks, but I am sure live they will speed it up. (It's not that slow anyway, but I did like it faster better.)

And the "suspect" part that to a few sounds "pop", and to others "metalcorish", sounds actually like classic Anthrax meets classic metal. Doesn't sound too modern/pop/metalcore to me. Everything sounds really awesome: I hope this is the "worst" song! :D

When did Joey ever sound off key? I never noticed that, although I always though Bush sounded off key on a LOT of songs on his albums. I still prefer Bush as a vocalist, but I accepted the off key thing as one of his vocal traits. Joey though? Can't say I ever noticed him being off key on a record.

I love Bush too but, he was off key way more often than Belladonna. I'm not sure where the whole belladonna being off key came from. Especially on record, I'd like a example of that. Time mark in the track and lyric where he's off key.

I think he's saying "I'll end you". I like the new phrasing better. Scott sounds great singing/shouting the chorus. Definitely tougher to pull off than the triplet "I'll end you. I'll end you. I'll end you" when they were playing it live with Dong Nelson.

I think this song is a deliberate sequel to gridlock.

I really dig this tune. I will definitely be a pig in shit on the train ride from dc up to NYC for the big four show on sept 14 with my dr dre beats blasting this new Anthrax LP.

About the resemblance to Gridlock, to me at least it's obvious that it's totally intentional. Furthermore, many bands of all kinds do that all the time, and even classical composers borrow material from their earlier works, so this is in no way a negative. It's more like a band/composer "defining" riff/motive/etc. Kreator (among MANY other thrash bands) keeps using riffs from their 80's to this day, and few people complain (I certainly don't.) There's little value in wanting to ALWAYS create a "new riff" for every song if the old riff that people knows you for can be used differently. I especially love Gridlock more than any other song in POT, so having that riff back is most welcome... although it used to be faster! :D

Well after a couple of listens, I dig it a lot, just a few things.

I wish it was as fast as the way they have been playing it live, the beginning as well as some of joeys vocal phrasings really still remind me of Master of Puppets. Rob's guitar work is just fine, don't really miss Dan Spitz. Charlie's drumming out of his mind on this track. It probably is about a minute too long, there seem to be a few times where you thing the song is about to end, and then it goes on again.

IMF09 got it right when he said it sounds sort of like POT crossed with WCFYA, which is not a bad thing at all. It's wet my appetite. Now bring on the whole album already damnit!

Dan's solos had more of neoclassical elements to it. Not complaining about Rob though.

I've heard comments about it being too long. I don't really think so, but speeding it up would definitely shorten it. I like the long pauses in between parts of the song. Scott's vocals would have been less decipheral if they sped it up though.

No point in releasing short songs in hopes of fm radio playing it anymore

I like the live version better for the speed. This is a good song but a clear live hi-def version OWNS this studio version. Most live versions of this song posted have been amateur video footage that lacks a good sound mix.

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS SONG!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT - SOOOOOO DAMN KILLER!!!

I wanna beat the shit outta some zombies now.